Bug Report Are you kidding me?

Rob177

This is a possible bug report.

I was using OBS studio for the past 6 months with hardly a single drop frame ever. Before that I had worse internet which would drop frames periodically, seemingly every 45 seconds or so like it was programmed to do that in intervals. That frame drop behavior led me to quit streaming but it went away with an upgraded internet.
Today I chose to finally click 'update to the newest version of obs studio (23.1.0 - 64 bit), and went live 5 minutes later and now I am getting drop frames again in the same pattern that I used to get before I upgraded my internet. No settings appear to have been changed. What gives? This is absolutely an OBS issue to me, I don't care what techies have to say about it probably being my internet or ping or server. I am 100% confident if I did not apply the update this would not have happened. But I am going to test it again next week.

Another problem is I don't remember what version I had before otherwise I would try to revert and do a test stream.
Just thought I would share this. I'll also mention I have streamed on the PS4 and xsplit before when my internet was getting regular drop frames in OBS, and those didn't lag.
It has been a great 6 months without DF's.. I hope this is not a permanent thing again.

Rob177

Yup still dropping frames in an aggressive manner (1-2 times per minute). This is an issue with OBS itself. Something was changed between this version and the older versions that causes frame drops. I am not bothering with your troubleshooting steps (they don't work for this issue) so posting a log is worthless. I don't care if a tech comes on here and says this is impossible for the new version to directly cause frame drops, because, it just happened. This is not some random coincidence. I am finding an older version.

D

Deleted member 121471

You have 3 options:

1) Provide a logfile so any of the support volunteers can offer solutions to your problem or confirm if it's, indeed, a possible bug;
2) Use older versions since they work for you;
3) Demand a refund on what you paid for OBS. R1CH tried to offer his assistance and you're not owed any more time or replies by ANY of the people willing to volunteer their free time if you're unwilling to cooperate.