Apply shader effects from SHADERTOY to OBS (with obs-shader-effects)

CS2M59

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply a "bad TV" or VHS effect on a livestream with OBS.

I've oriented my research towards the SHADER option. I installed the Shader-effects plugin on OBS. The plugin works well with the provided presets.

However, the other presets found on the internet don't work. Indeed, I found several effects on shadertoy that correspond exactly to what I'm looking for, but it's impossible to apply them on OBS. (https://www.shadertoy.com/results?query=vhs)

So here is my question: how to apply on OBS the shaders coming from shadertoy? Maybe I have to modify the code?

I think that's a question that needs to be investigated because there's a huge potential to create new effects in OBS.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Rob

Surn

Obs shader implementations do have some limits. I maintain OBS-shaderfilter and have converted many effects from many sources for use with my plugin, but not all are possible.

If you have an effect you really want... go look through my provided shaders HERE . If it does not exist, I may add it.

sjdacruz

Obs shader implementations do have some limits. I maintain OBS-shaderfilter and have converted many effects from many sources for use with my plugin, but not all are possible.

If you have an effect you really want... go look through my provided shaders HERE . If it does not exist, I may add it.

One shader that I'd really like to see is a displacement or adjustment layer that affects the source underneath (perhaps as an alpha).

sjdacruz

Explain a little more about how you would use it.

I have worked on an upgrade to my project that would allow you to combine a SOURCE with the current SOURCE through a shader effect.

Is that what you are asking for?

Alternatively, you can use a Luma key or Color key and SOURCE MIRROR ( https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/streamfx-for-obs-studio.578/ ) to combine two sources through transparency?
Yes, more specifically a source would act a the displacement map for another source. I could then, in turn, render an animated displacement, to distort a Target source.

Surn

Well, the update I am working on allows you to use a SOURCE as if it was a texture, then apply whatever effect you desire combing SOURCE N with IMAGE (the default name of the input) in whatever what you like.

My initial filters are all the photoshop style layer combinations. Currently the system just allows transparency to show through the render pipeline.

Surn

Yes, more specifically a source would act a the displacement map for another source. I could then, in turn, render an animated displacement, to distort a Target source.
Also, have you already looked over the Image Mask/Blend that is built into OBS Studio. It allows a texture to do some of that work.

CSMichael

color1519

Hi! I know this is an old thread, but are you still maintaining this plugin? I'm desperately trying to get this denoising shader working.

I use OBS to digitize old tapes and would love to be able to denoise the incoming video in real time.
I understand you, tell me — could you find DeNoise for OBS? Thank you...

and what about the SHADERTOY transfer to the OBS? when will this be possible?..