Resource icon

Free Animated lower thirds with control panel 2020-04-12

RatuAtu

I have an issue regarding Docking Lower Thirds, nothing seems to appear after following all instructions. refer image... Need Help

Attachments

• lower thirds docking.png
    lower thirds docking.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 234

RichieTee

I have an issue regarding Docking Lower Thirds, nothing seems to appear after following all instructions. refer image... Need Help
What exactly did you dock? browser-source OR control-panel?
You should be docking the control-panel.html, then add the browser-source,html as a Browser Source in OBS
You can register the lower-thirds_hotkeys.Lua file in OBS Script window to add Hotkeys functionality.

spongemehdi

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 158

mats

thank you.i have a problem with this plugin.how fixed it?

Looks like it does not read CSS files linked to the controller, probably after copy-pasting files between different location. Make sure all plugin's files on your PC remain the same structure as in the .zip.

UNcleSam

Saw a review of this plugin, installed using the scenario, but with no results: all is blue, but showing nothing in the screen.

rpsharma

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error calling script_load: ...-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/../common/js/hotkeys.js: No such file or directory
[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Hotkey : A_SWITCH_3
[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/../common/js/hotkeys.js: No such file or directory
[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Failed to call hotkey_pressed for hotkey_pressed: ...-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/../common/js/hotkeys.js: No such file or directory
[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Hotkey : A_SWITCH_1

Webfoot1943

Animated lower thirds do not work since I have upgraded to Windows 11. I have tried everything to get it going again but to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I even got rid of it from OBS and downloaded and reinstalled and set it up and still will not work.

lower third.jpg

rpsharma

[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Error calling script_load: ...-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua:436: C:/Program Files/obs-studio/data/obs-plugins/frontend-tools/scripts/../common/js/hotkeys.js: No such file or directory
[lower-thirds_hotkeys.lua] Hotkey : A_SWITCH_1

The problem has been solved

Webfoot1943

The 'control-panel.html' is bad. It shows a list of names with Positions in brackets around them. It says "Lower thirds list" at the top. See attached

Attachments

• control panel obs.jpg
    control panel obs.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 192

Clofox7

After the last upgrade (Feb 2022) the plugin not working... I checked all files and all ok, is it possible to have this checked?? The told me to add "file:///" before the control panel URL but nothing happened...

roleli

After the last upgrade (Feb 2022) the plugin not working... I checked all files and all ok, is it possible to have this checked?? The told me to add "file:///" before the control panel URL but nothing happened...

Assume the files are in this folder C:\obstools\obslower3rds\lower thirds\

In Browser Source:
  1. Uncheck local files
  2. The URL needs to file:///C:/obstools/obslower3rds/lower%20thirds/browser-source.html
in Custom Dock
  1. The URL needs to file:///C:/obstools/obslower3rds/lower%20thirds/control-panel.html
Adjust to the path of your files.

roleli

Good morning, this tool is fantastic. I have a question. Is there a way to add colors to the text and background output?
Example:
View attachment 82614
I will appreciate it. Please, let me know.

Thank you.

Here is a version of this tool. The files to edit are in the common/css folder.

Features
  1. Show and hide lower thirds
  2. Enter up to 10 titles and descriptions pairs as needed
  3. Use multiple logos
  4. Option to display logo or not
  5. Lower thirds information saved on exit of OBS
  6. Basic styles included (easily edited)
Installation
Extract files to folder
  1. Download files and unzip
  2. Browse to folder e.g. C:\OBStools\simplelower3rds\lower thirds. These are the key files.
    1. Control Panel: control-panel.html
    2. Browser Source: browser-source.html
  3. Add as a custom dock and change the file path
    1. give it a name e.g. simplelowerthirds
    2. add file path e.g. file:///C:/OBStools/simplelower3rds/lower thirds/control-panel.html
  4. Add as a "Browser Source
    1. uncheck local file
    2. enter e.g. file:///C:/OBStools/simplelower3rds/lower thirds/browser-source.html
    3. The browser source size can be set at 1920x200 or 1280x160 (adjust to your needs)
Note:
  1. Remember to update the folder name to reflect your folder.
  2. logos are in the commons/images folder
  3. styles in the commons/css folder
Usage
  • Prepare: Enter the lower thirds you want to use. The limit is currently 10. You can edit them on the fly.
  • Show and hide lower thirds: To show click on the row, it will turn green. The click show to display and hide to remove from the screen
  • Settings: Scroll to the bottom of the control panel for the settings. Here you decide whether to hide logo, select logo, select style and determine whether to show on the left or the right

Attachments

• simplelower3rds.zip
    639.8 KB · Views: 174

Revord

Here is a version of this tool. The files to edit are in the common/css folder.

Features
  1. Show and hide lower thirds
  2. Enter up to 10 titles and descriptions pairs as needed
  3. Use multiple logos
  4. Option to display logo or not
  5. Lower thirds information saved on exit of OBS
  6. Basic styles included (easily edited)
Installation
Extract files to folder
  1. Download files and unzip
  2. Browse to folder e.g. C:\OBStools\simplelower3rds\lower thirds. These are the key files.
    1. Control Panel: control-panel.html
    2. Browser Source: browser-source.html
  3. Add as a custom dock and change the file path
    1. give it a name e.g. simplelowerthirds
    2. add file path e.g. file:///C:/OBStools/simplelower3rds/lower thirds/control-panel.html
  4. Add as a "Browser Source
    1. uncheck local file
    2. enter e.g. file:///C:/OBStools/simplelower3rds/lower thirds/browser-source.html
    3. The browser source size can be set at 1920x200 or 1280x160 (adjust to your needs)
Note:
  1. Remember to update the folder name to reflect your folder.
  2. logos are in the commons/images folder
  3. styles in the commons/css folder
Usage
  • Prepare: Enter the lower thirds you want to use. The limit is currently 10. You can edit them on the fly.
  • Show and hide lower thirds: To show click on the row, it will turn green. The click show to display and hide to remove from the screen
  • Settings: Scroll to the bottom of the control panel for the settings. Here you decide whether to hide logo, select logo, select style and determine whether to show on the left or the right
Until today, I had not been able to get anything to work with lower thirds. I finally got the dock to appear correctly, but now the browser source isn't displaying for either the original program, nor the simple lower thirds you just posted. I found I didn't have the correct direction slash in the file reference for the dock, so once corrected, I got the dock back, but no matter how I set up the slashes for the browser source, I can't seem to get it to display for me.
Any idea what I might be doing wrong here? I had Animated lower thirds working until the last update, and since then, I have been struggling with it.
Screenshot (6).png

Revord

Ok, I resolved my issue with unchecking the hardware acceleration for browsers in the settings. It has taken me all this time to figure it out smh... I have fully functioning LTs now, and I am excited for it. Another question I have is for the logo for the animated lower third: What dimensions and file type is it limited to? I have a jpg that I have shrunk down to 50x48 pixels, but it still won't work.

roleli

Ok, I resolved my issue with unchecking the hardware acceleration for browsers in the settings. It has taken me all this time to figure it out smh... I have fully functioning LTs now, and I am excited for it. Another question I have is for the logo for the animated lower third: What dimensions and file type is it limited to? I have a jpg that I have shrunk down to 50x48 pixels, but it still won't work.
I recommend the png file type e.g. logo.png
The sizes can vary, 400x225 is fine
The logos must be in this folder path - /common/images/
e.g. c:\obstuff\simplelower3rds\common\images\

I've been using the plug-in for about a year now, love it. But....

The last month, I've built up 30-40 slots (takes a while!) only to have all of the slots disappear next time I load up obs... I've never had this problem, and now it has happened twice this month... I'm still on the last 27 update... Waiting for 28 to get everything working smoothly...

Is this because of the 28 update? Should I wait to fill back up all of my slots? Or is something else happening?