Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.4

AaronD

Maybe make an empty scene, set the Scene Switcher go to that scene when the video ends, and while the video is playing take a few seconds to add any other scene you want to that empty scene.

I'm not sure I follow that. You're saying to re-build a potentially complex scene while a potentially short video is playing? Surely not.

Or is that empty scene just a "trampoline" of sorts, that stays empty, and it triggers another scene change immediately? Then you go into the settings and change the absolute target of that trampoline while the video is playing...?

GeeMack

Or is that empty scene just a "trampoline" of sorts, that stays empty, and it triggers another scene change immediately? Then you go into the settings and change the absolute target of that trampoline while the video is playing...?

That's an idea that might have possibilities in some set-ups. Not quite what I had in mind though.

I was thinking of building whatever scene (or scenes) that you may want to follow your video, make them as simple or complicated as you need.

Then also create a scene, call it Target_Scene, add those other pre-made scenes to it, and set them all to "hidden". Set the Scene Switcher to go to that empty scene when the video ends.

Now while the video is playing, open that Target_Scene in the Preview window and click the eyeball to make whichever source you want visible.

When the video ends the Scene Switcher changes to the Target_Scene, so it plays your selected scene as if the Scene Switcher had changed directly to it.

It may not be an elegant solution, but it does seem to me it would be quicker and easier to make a source visible while the video plays rather than trying to adjust settings in the Scene Switcher.

AaronD

I was thinking of building whatever scene (or scenes) that you may want to follow your video, make them as simple or complicated as you need.

Then also create a scene, call it Target_Scene, add those other pre-made scenes to it, and set them all to "hidden".

I didn't realize you could add scenes to scenes, but sure enough, there's the option in the list of sources.

Does hiding it also kill any live audio sources and media playback? I've only used it for optional text overlays. While the audio concern should be obvious, the playback could also be significant on lesser systems.

GeeMack

Does hiding it also kill any live audio sources and media playback? I've only used it for optional text overlays. While the audio concern should be obvious, the playback could also be significant on lesser systems.

As far as I know, when using as scene as a source, hiding the scene will eliminate all output from the scene exactly as if you left that scene to open another. I'd check he settings on any media sources to make sure they stop when hidden if the source settings have such an option.

khaver

Any chance you could add a threshold control for video matching? I'd like to be able to set like a 90% match so slight variations in the actual graphic file and how OBS displays it, or if you're playing a video, compression artifacts can break an exact match.

Warmuptill

Any chance you could add a threshold control for video matching? I'd like to be able to set like a 90% match so slight variations in the actual graphic file and how OBS displays it, or if you're playing a video, compression artifacts can break an exact match.
Yes this is something I plan on implementing.
I have a first working version on the "opencv-fun" branch in case you are interested.
As the name suggests this change will introduce a dependency to the opencv libraries.
I haven't gotten around to adjusting the build scripts for this yet so I cannot provide a test build yet.
Hello, I am re-looking at OBS as a longtime vMix user. This plug in is very nice, but one thing I can't seem to do is:
Media file end switch to "Preview". it works perfect with the options there, but I REALLY need to go to what is in preview. Is this possible?
Steve
I will look into adding a macro action for swapping between preview and active scene in studio mode.
Thanks for the suggestion!

Update:
I added the functionality to the plugin.
Swap.PNG

You can find a test build here:
https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/actions/runs/1222644128
You will have to be logged into GitHub to be able to download it.

That's an idea that might have possibilities in some set-ups. Not quite what I had in mind though.

Then also create a scene, call it Target_Scene, add those other pre-made scenes to it, and set them all to "hidden". Set the Scene Switcher to go to that empty scene when the video ends.

Now while the video is playing, open that Target_Scene in the Preview window and click the eyeball to make whichever source you want visible.

When the video ends the Scene Switcher changes to the Target_Scene, so it plays your selected scene as if the Scene Switcher had changed directly to it.

It may not be an elegant solution, but it does seem to me it would be quicker and easier to make a source visible while the video plays rather than trying to adjust settings in the Scene Switcher.
I am not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve but I just wanted to give the hint that the "scene group" tab might be useful.
A scene group can be selected as the target of a scene switch on the other tabs, just like a regular scene.
But as the name suggests a scene group is a group / list of scenes, of which one will be chosen every time the scene group is selected as a scene switch target.

Last edited:

AaronD

I am not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve but I just wanted to give the hint that the "scene group" tab might be useful.
A scene group can be selected as the target of a scene switch on the other tabs, just like a regular scene.
But as the name suggests a scene group is a group / list of scenes, of which one will be chosen every time the scene group is selected as a scene switch target.

I think it was meant to be a workaround for not having the Preview option. ("Swap scene", as you've called it, which is fine too) If that option is there, then this workaround isn't needed.

Warmuptill

I now have built a version of the pluing which supports the requested functionality - Here is an example:
This is the input source:
test.png

This the provided pattern:
pattern.PNG

The pattern can be identified successfully and results in the video condition to be fulfilled.
It can also be manually tested by pressing the "Show match" button.
example.PNG

A build with this change can be found here in a couple of minutes:
You need to be logged into GitHub to be able to download the build.

I would appreciate if you could give this a try and report back if everything works as expected.
Please make sure to backup your settings first in case something goes wrong.

khaver

Warmuptill,

It worked perfectly. I now have a way to automatically start our sermon recording when they put the slide up to excuse the children to children's church, and then stop the recording after the sermon when the mic is muted, using your audio detection.

Thank you.

lextehrex

This extension is absolutely incredible and has become an integral part of the project I run, so a massive thanks to the developer for this.

I'm having one issues though, trying to create a macro that presses a hotkey when a scene is active. Is there a special knack to get it to work? The macros are very powerful so it might just be me being a bit dim.

I have a hotkeys setup to switch between different lower third tiles depending on the active scene. The hotkeys themselves work manually, but I can't seem to configure the macro properly for this to happen automatically.

Current the condition is set to:
- If > Scene > Current > [scene]

And the action is:
- Hotkey > F1
None of the buttons below for 'Left Shift', 'Right Shift' etc are ticked since I only want to press F1.

Then I'd like to add a macro for each lower third tile switch, so F2 to F6, each with it's own.

Although I've seen it work before like this, it only works very rarely. When it does work, it presses the hotkey down constantly, so I was also looking to find a way to make it press the hotkey once and then stop, but I need to figure out why it's not being pressed at all now.

Any help much appreciated!

Warmuptill

This extension is absolutely incredible and has become an integral part of the project I run, so a massive thanks to the developer for this.

I'm having one issues though, trying to create a macro that presses a hotkey when a scene is active. Is there a special knack to get it to work? The macros are very powerful so it might just be me being a bit dim.

I have a hotkeys setup to switch between different lower third tiles depending on the active scene. The hotkeys themselves work manually, but I can't seem to configure the macro properly for this to happen automatically.

And the action is:
- Hotkey > F1
None of the buttons below for 'Left Shift', 'Right Shift' etc are ticked since I only want to press F1.

Then I'd like to add a macro for each lower third tile switch, so F2 to F6, each with it's own.

Although I've seen it work before like this, it only works very rarely. When it does work, it presses the hotkey down constantly, so I was also looking to find a way to make it press the hotkey once and then stop, but I need to figure out why it's not being pressed at all now.

I haven't looked into it yet in detail but I have theories what could be going on:
One could be that the keypress happens to quickly and thus OBS might miss the key press. I will look into an option to make this configurable.
Another issue could be that in the setup described above the key will be pressed continuously while the current scene is "[scene]".
This is due to the condition always being true. If you only want to trigger the action on scene change to the condition of the type "for at most 0s".

I will update you once I find out more.

eramsorgr

Hey everyone, I am trying to setup a scene transition using exes for League of Legends. I am trying to switch scenes if the game opens and when it closes to revert to another scene but I don't see such an option. Any ideas?

Warmuptill

Hey everyone, I am trying to setup a scene transition using exes for League of Legends. I am trying to switch scenes if the game opens and when it closes to revert to another scene but I don't see such an option. Any ideas?
Hello,
unless I am misunderstanding your request you probably do not even need this plugin to achieve what you are looking to do.
You can just rely on the built-in scene switcher.

If you want to use this plugin I would recommend using the "Macro" tab as it is the most flexible, if you ever plan on expanding your automated scene switches.
You can set up two macro with settings similar to this:
ProcRunning.PNG

ProcNotRunning.PNG

Make sure to activate the plugin on the general tab.

And the action is:
- Hotkey > F1

As announced here is a short update:
Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the problem but I implemented the functionality described above.
The duration the key combination is pressed can now be configured.
Hotkey.PNG

I also added the option to only send the hotkeys to the OBS application and not any other process. (This will also finally allow me to enable this functionality on MacOS)
Maybe give using this a try as it uses a different method to generate the key presses.

A build with this change will be available here in a few minutes:
Note that you have to be logged in to GitHub to be able to download it.

Let me know if changing the duration of the key press and adding a time constraint to your original condition makes a difference! :)

Last edited:

lextehrex

As announced here is a short update:
Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the problem but I implemented the functionality described above.
The duration the key combination is pressed can now be configured.View attachment 75264
I also added the option to only send the hotkeys to the OBS application and not any other process. (This will also finally allow me to enable this functionality on MacOS)
Maybe give using this a try as it uses a different method to generate the key presses.

A build with this change will be available here in a few minutes:
Note that you have to be logged in to GitHub to be able to download it.

Let me know if changing the duration of the key press and adding a time constraint to your original condition makes a difference! :)

That's fantastic! I'll grab the update and do some testing to see if that resolves the problem I was having. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks so much!

Thewas

Does anyone know if there is a simple way to switch from one scene to another in OBS V22 and V27 without the need to download a plugin? Not dependent on window detected like in the "Advanced Scene switcher". Just a simple process that if on scene "7" then go to scene "1" in "X" time.

I know this is possible with the advanced scene switcher I just want a solution that works with the core application.

Also, does anyone know if the "Advanced Scene Switcher" will work with OBS V22?
Thank you.

AaronD

Norton Security removes the installer with warning about Trojan virus!

I've never been impressed with name-brand security stuff. Seems like they purposely get in the way just to remind you that they're present and doing something. (Yeah, the "something" that it's doing is entirely to block stuff that I *wanted* to do!)

The free stuff seems to do just as good a job at keeping the junk out, and DOESN'T GET IN THE WAY! If you even need it at all. A fully up-to-date modern OS combined with good surfing practices seems to do pretty well too. Even the bad-reputation Windows has gotten to that point now.

bozhenko

I've never been impressed with name-brand security stuff. Seems like they purposely get in the way just to remind you that they're present and doing something. (Yeah, the "something" that it's doing is entirely to block stuff that I *wanted* to do!)

The free stuff seems to do just as good a job at keeping the junk out, and DOESN'T GET IN THE WAY! If you even need it at all. A fully up-to-date modern OS combined with good surfing practices seems to do pretty well too. Even the bad-reputation Windows has gotten to that point now.
I've never been impressed with "free" security stuff that simply comfort the person DOING TOTALLY NOTHING. )))

As you see, I can say just like what you said. It doesn't change anything...

BTW, virustotal says, "4 security vendors flagged this file as malicious", and that was done for free and my request, not in order to "remind me of it's existence"...

AaronD

I've never been impressed with "free" security stuff that simply comfort the person DOING TOTALLY NOTHING. )))

Well, I did mention not having one at all, because any fully-updated modern OS is that good by itself at keeping unsolicited attacks out. (this is why you update!)
Combine that with good surfing practices (don't go to virus hosting sites that masquerade as witty memes or "other stuff" if you know what I mean), and you're good. So even if a free "dummy" thing does do nothing, you're still good because of that.

It doesn't change the fact though, that a presumably fully-legitimate piece of software has been flagged by some big-name vendors. Take that how you like.

Anyway, we're getting way off-topic here. :-)