Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.26.4

EchoGalaxy

Just to make sure, there's no way to receive more fields than `message` with WebSocket, right? And you have to use regexes or the new JSON extraction functionality (in nested JSON) to extract data?

WDYM by "go to source"? That's not really an available action. Sources = elements in scenes that you can't switch into. You can enable/disable them or change their settings. From your description I assume you're using Scene Item VIsibility actions and that supports both indexes and variables if you click on cog icon: View attachment 100957. Both of which can be automated to go in both directions, e.g. by decreasing index stored in a variable. If you're not using that and Source Enable/Disable instead, you should switch.
I figured out how to do it, my solution sounds pretty similar to what you suggested so thanks.

Hello together,
i have a problem.
I tryed a trigger in video scene, but it only works when i am in settings of the scene switcher and making changes.
Have anyone a solution for me?

video of the problem

Thank you very much.
Timo

1705446435620.png

i got it. :)

Loosha

Hey guys, how on earth can I set up a hotkey combination with the Windows button? All modifiers are there EXCEPT for the Windows button. I'm trying to set up a sequence where Advanced Scene Switcher presses:

- Win+1
- Alt+F2
- Win+5

"Alt + F2" is not a problem but how can I get it to press "Win + 1" at the SAME time as a combo?

Any help?

Warmuptill

Hey guys, how on earth can I set up a hotkey combination with the Windows button? All modifiers are there EXCEPT for the Windows button. I'm trying to set up a sequence where Advanced Scene Switcher presses:

- Win+1
- Alt+F2
- Win+5

"Alt + F2" is not a problem but how can I get it to press "Win + 1" at the SAME time as a combo?

Any help?
You can use the "Meta" key.
I did not use the name "Windows key" as this name does not make sense all environments (e.g. on MacOS).

1705503803391.png

Loosha

You can use the "Meta" key.
I did not use the name "Windows key" as this name does not make sense all environments (e.g. on MacOS).

View attachment 100984
Does NOT work. If it's supposed to be the Win Key, then treat this as a bug report. Left Meta and Right Meta was my first thought. But again: It does NOT work.

If it works for you, please post a screenshot of the sequence for the three button press combinations that I outlined. I spent 50 minutes fiddling with it and it does NOT work whichever way I try it.

I'm trying to achieve:

- Win+1
- Alt+F2
- Win+5

Warmuptill

Does NOT work. If it's supposed to be the Win Key, then treat this as a bug report. Left Meta and Right Meta was my first thought. But again: It does NOT work.
I am sorry to hear that!

If it works for you, please post a screenshot of the sequence for the three button press combinations that I outlined.
I tried the settings shown in the screenshot I shared earlier.
Also just now I gave Win + tab a try and this works as expected.
Here is another example:

Example.gif

What are you trying to achieve with this hotkey combination?
Can you share the settings you are using?
Which version of the plugin are you using?

EchoGalaxy

If it works for you, please post a screenshot of the sequence for the three button press combinations that I outlined. I spent 50 minutes fiddling with it and it does NOT work whichever way I try it.

I'm trying to achieve:

- Win+1
- Alt+F2
- Win+5
Ive noticed, generally, anything under .4-.5 press time doesn't work. I didn't think it was an error, I just assumed it was too fast for windows to comprehend? Anything I use at .4 looks instant to me so never thought to mention it.

EchoGalaxy

I have a new question maybe someone can help with. I have a nested scene, that shows various meme vids, some are browser sources, some are just media player vids. I notice with music playing you cant really hear the audio well so I made a ducking macro...
Oh and so its setup like, all the sources are off, if turned on it plays, then have something turn it back off.

I can do it fine with a single source, but Im trying to not go the route of doing or source, or source, or source...

So im trying to think of a way to target a group or scene, if audio is heard, it ducks the music. Like I said I have the ducking part fine, just need help with including all sources without adding them individually.

AaronD

I have a new question maybe someone can help with. I have a nested scene, that shows various meme vids, some are browser sources, some are just media player vids. I notice with music playing you cant really hear the audio well so I made a ducking macro...
Oh and so its setup like, all the sources are off, if turned on it plays, then have something turn it back off.

I can do it fine with a single source, but Im trying to not go the route of doing or source, or source, or source...

So im trying to think of a way to target a group or scene, if audio is heard, it ducks the music. Like I said I have the ducking part fine, just need help with including all sources without adding them individually.
OBS has a Compressor filter, that can be used as a ducker. That might also be interesting to you.

Anyway, it sounds like you need a submix, but OBS doesn't do submixes. At all. If you can afford to commandeer and abuse the Monitor, and do something that we often recommend strongly against while avoiding the reason behind that recommendation (end of #3 here), then you can hack yourself one. But *only* one.
  1. Send everything you want to submix to the Monitor. Whether they also go to the Output depends on whether you'll send that submix to the Output. Don't duplicate: either send them individually and not the mix, or send the mix and not the individuals.
  2. Send the Monitor to a device that you're not otherwise using. Physical or virtual. If you want to put external sounds into that submix as well, use their apps' controls to send them to that same device also.
  3. Use a Desktop Audio or Audio Output Capture source to pick up that same device. This is your submix, as its own source. You can use it as *only* a trigger, by not sending it to the Output, or you can send it to the Output as well. Just remember to not duplicate, as mentioned in #1 here. And definitely DON'T send this one to the Monitor! Unless you *want* a repeating echo...

Back to the audio ducker, instead of a macro, there are two other ways you could do this too:
  1. Move all of your audio work out of OBS and into a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).
    1. Send all of the video soundtracks to OBS's Monitor, and NOT the Output.
    2. Send the Monitor to a loopback that your favorite DAW can pick up. This is your submix to trigger the ducker.
    3. Pick up the independent sources directly in the DAW. OBS does not see them at all.
    4. Set up the ducker in the DAW, using the video submix from OBS, and whatever else you bring in directly.
    5. Do whatever other audio work you want in the DAW as well. OBS won't do any, at all.
    6. Send the final, finished soundtrack from the DAW to another loopback that OBS can pick up. This is the *only* audio source that OBS has *at all*, beyond the video soundtracks.
    7. Send that finished soundtrack to the Output, and NOT the Monitor. No filters; do everything you need in the DAW, not OBS.
  2. Keep everything in OBS, and set up a LOT of duckers on the same source, each one side-chained to something different.
    • This will duck more and more aggressively as more of them become active, whereas a single ducker that is triggered from a mix only drops a small amount more as that mix gets louder.

EchoGalaxy

OBS has a Compressor filter, that can be used as a ducker. That might also be interesting to you.

Anyway, it sounds like you need a submix, but OBS doesn't do submixes. At all. If you can afford to commandeer and abuse the Monitor, and do something that we often recommend strongly against while avoiding the reason behind that recommendation (end of #3 here), then you can hack yourself one. But *only* one.
  1. Send everything you want to submix to the Monitor. Whether they also go to the Output depends on whether you'll send that submix to the Output. Don't duplicate: either send them individually and not the mix, or send the mix and not the individuals.
  2. Send the Monitor to a device that you're not otherwise using. Physical or virtual. If you want to put external sounds into that submix as well, use their apps' controls to send them to that same device also.
  3. Use a Desktop Audio or Audio Output Capture source to pick up that same device. This is your submix, as its own source. You can use it as *only* a trigger, by not sending it to the Output, or you can send it to the Output as well. Just remember to not duplicate, as mentioned in #1 here. And definitely DON'T send this one to the Monitor! Unless you *want* a repeating echo...

Back to the audio ducker, instead of a macro, there are two other ways you could do this too:
  1. Move all of your audio work out of OBS and into a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).
    1. Send all of the video soundtracks to OBS's Monitor, and NOT the Output.
    2. Send the Monitor to a loopback that your favorite DAW can pick up. This is your submix to trigger the ducker.
    3. Pick up the independent sources directly in the DAW. OBS does not see them at all.
    4. Set up the ducker in the DAW, using the video submix from OBS, and whatever else you bring in directly.
    5. Do whatever other audio work you want in the DAW as well. OBS won't do any, at all.
    6. Send the final, finished soundtrack from the DAW to another loopback that OBS can pick up. This is the *only* audio source that OBS has *at all*, beyond the video soundtracks.
    7. Send that finished soundtrack to the Output, and NOT the Monitor. No filters; do everything you need in the DAW, not OBS.
  2. Keep everything in OBS, and set up a LOT of duckers on the same source, each one side-chained to something different.
    • This will duck more and more aggressively as more of them become active, whereas a single ducker that is triggered from a mix only drops a small amount more as that mix gets louder.
No offense, but that sounds way more complicated/more work then adding each as a target/condition, whatever the proper term is.

I was just hoping there was a way to effect all sources in a scene or group to save time that i may have missed without inputing them in one by one, but I could have been done by now.

Loosha

Ive noticed, generally, anything under .4-.5 press time doesn't work. I didn't think it was an error, I just assumed it was too fast for windows to comprehend? Anything I use at .4 looks instant to me so never thought to mention it.
Again. This does NOT work. See image attached. Regardless of what time interval I set, instead of switching to the application (which normal physical press of WIN+1 does) all that happens is that it opens a SUB-MENU of the task bar that's associated with the application that's (in my case for WIN+1) first on the task bar.

It does NOT switch to the application and only triggers the sub menu.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Open a zoom.
- Open a new zoom meeting.
- Close zoom launcher in the background so that only the zoom meeting window is running.
- Open Chrome browser
- Place Zoom as FIRST on windows task bar at the bottom
- Place Chrome as SECOND on windows task bar at the bottom
- Configure "Avanced Scene Switcher" as per your instructions using the meta key (see screenshot)
- Make sure Zoom meeting is open but NOT focused
- Open Chrome Browser as focused app
- Click "Run Macro" to trigger the configured sequence in "Advanced Scene Switcher"

RESULT: It opens the ZOOM (or application-based) SUB-MENU at the task bar and does NOT switch to the app as regular physical press of WIN+1 does.

EXPLANATION: Alt+F2 changes the ZOOM view to speaker view. I'm trying to have "advanced scene switcher":
- Upon switching to a scene
- Focus Zoom app via Windows Hotkey
- Trigger Zoom Hotkey to switch view to speaker view
- Focus back to my Chrome browser via Windows hotkey

WIN+1 and WIN+5 are my examples of where ZOOM and CHROME are located on my taskbar

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 13

Destroy666

The only way to currently group audio output would be to send it to a specific channel, but I don't think this plugin can listen to specific channels. Or if OBS API makes that possible in the 1st place.

You could suggest on GitHub to add something like "Any source in scene" to the Audio condition dropdown for easier and less spammy configuration. That grouping capability is missing from a bunch of source-related places, I started adding something similar to e.g. Scene Item actions a while back and haven't finished yet, since that required a lot of changes with how it's implemented, so it might be a similar case here too.

Dj DaVyne

just curious, not asking for a feature, but is there a way to go to a previous source instead scene?

Specifically with the commercial thing in wiki, I use this lua script so a bunch of sources that are grouped,
only one source can be active in the group at a time, so it would be more in line with the rest of my
setup if that source was in the group too. Instead of having this random scene floating around just for
commercials. heh.

I can easily change TO the source, I just dont know how to make adv-ss know what the previous source was
to get back to.

Hope this made sense.
Question: Where can I find the older version? 1.17 (or something like that) This was simple to use and needed less set-up and involvement. Is there a version like that for the newer OBS Updates?

Dj DaVyne

Question: Where can I find the older version? 1.17 (or something like that) This was simple to use and needed less set-up and involvement. Is there a version like that for the newer OBS Updates?

Attachments

• advanced scene switcher.JPG
    advanced scene switcher.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 15

AaronD

1705588991312.png

Keep in mind that those other tabs are not maintained anymore, because everything can be done with the macros. I think the eventual plan is to remove them entirely, but for now, they're still here.

AaronD

No offense, but that sounds way more complicated/more work then adding each as a target/condition, whatever the proper term is.

It certainly helps to have some experience in this (I built that rig and LOVE running it!):
So I think more in terms of audio routing than logic routing.
Anyway, once you understand how signals flow through a system, what looks complicated to a layperson becomes easy and fairly often necessary for what you want to do. Make your own module that does what you want (which may or may not be packaged nicely; the packaging could just be your knowledge of where the boundaries are, which are otherwise invisible), and then treat it as a "black box" that "just does that". So even though you know what's in it and how it works, you're not necessarily thinking beyond its outside function and how it fits into the larger rig. And of course you can have "black boxes" inside of "black boxes"...

Irreducible complexity: you can move that complexity around, maybe to somewhere that you're not looking at, but you can't remove it without killing functionality. I like to know the entire system, so I can't not see it, and so I try to arrange the complexity itself as a part of my system design.

(I've repaired and modified that board myself as well, using the manufacturer's freely published schematics. So yes, I do know that entire system! And I've modified a different board without that documentation, by knowing how things work, and finding the classic textbook building blocks once I had the case off and the circuit boards out. That seems to be a common skill among the best, well-experienced operators - they're not just "fader pushers"!)

Last edited:

Warmuptill

Advance Scene Switcher; can it receive commands from SAMMI Core?
Unfortunately I am not familiar with the capabilities of SAMMI.
If the tool can send custom websocket messages to OBS then it might be able to.

Details can be found on this wiki page: