Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

CodeYan

I also noticed, selecting multiple macros, then clicking the delete button only removes the first one selected, not all of them. They aren't in a group.

I have implemented the option to choose between a few different pattern matching algorithms offered by OpenCV in case you are interested.
ooooh, thanks, will try soon.

Warmuptill

I also noticed, selecting multiple macros, then clicking the delete button only removes the first one selected, not all of them. They aren't in a group.
Thanks for the hint!
That is something I have fixed in a separate branch.

In case you need a build with this functionality it is available here (but the video condition changes are not included):

jegadk

Like Warmuptill says, you may only need to check that box.

But another way to do it might be to trigger a macro *instead of* that scene switch, and then the macro does both the scene switch and the response to it. I use that concept a lot!
Thanks.

Got it to work. And yes. could also be done with calling a macro.

This may not be the advance scene switcher problem, but I recently noticed the plugin is causing a bug on obs websocket mobile remote apps like OBS blade. When I try to change a scene's visibility from the mobile app, it tells me that other scenes' visibility have also change when it didn't actually happen on OBS, and I didn't condition advance scene switcher to change those other scenes' visibility. I stopped running the advance scene switcher and the scenes visibility in the mobile app matches with OBS.

Warmuptill

This may not be the advance scene switcher problem, but I recently noticed the plugin is causing a bug on obs websocket mobile remote apps like OBS blade. When I try to change a scene's visibility from the mobile app, it tells me that other scenes' visibility have also change when it didn't actually happen on OBS, and I didn't condition advance scene switcher to change those other scenes' visibility. I stopped running the advance scene switcher and the scenes visibility in the mobile app matches with OBS.
That seems a bit strange - I am not sure why that would happen, but I am also not familiar with those mentioned apps.
Thanks for the heads up!

I'm trying to setup a screenshot macros to save the picture to a custom location. When I try to take multiple screenshots however, it keeps saving over my previous saved picture file.

Warmuptill

I'm trying to setup a screenshot macros to save the picture to a custom location. When I try to take multiple screenshots however, it keeps saving over my previous saved picture file.
That is a limitation of the current implementation of the custom path option of the screenshot action.

Adding support for using variables in the path field is possible to implement however.
That will allow you to automatically adjust the path.

A first should be available here in a few minutes:

First you will have to create a variable with settings similar to this:

Counter.PNG

Then you can modify your existing macro which triggers the screenshots to use this counter value and increment it:

Screenshot.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

petjo10

Hi,
Is it possible to restart multiple media sources on severals scens at same time..i have tried with stop/restart but only stop work :(

kdarroch

So for some reason today my Macro that starts and stops the Virtual Camera just stopped working. All the conditions are being met for the macro to run but it does not. If I pick the Run button it runs but I can't figure out why all of a sudden it won't run when it's conditions are met to run

Any ideas?

CodeYan

So for some reason today my Macro that starts and stops the Virtual Camera just stopped working. All the conditions are being met for the macro to run but it does not. If I pick the Run button it runs but I can't figure out why all of a sudden it won't run when it's conditions are met to run

Any ideas?
First, check if the checkbox of the macro on the left side is ticked. Must be ticked.

If it was already ticked and it still doesn't work, take a screenshot of your macro.

kdarroch

Yes, the check box is checked

My macro is as follows
If -> Video -> Scene "A" -> has changed (in a particular area)
Virtual camera -> Stop
Wait -> Fixed -> 1.00 sec
Run -> xxx.bat (Run a .bat file)
Virtual Camera -> Start

Macro runs great when I pick run. The condition blinks when it is met but never executes the macro steps.

I have tried the following IF conditions with no luck

If Video on multiple different scenes for a change in a certain area
set a parameter and looked for it to change, it changes, sees condition blinks but does not execute the macro
video change in obs output
you name it, I have tried it

Like I said before worked great and now all of a sudden it won't work at all and no changes to OBS or Scene Switcher other than changes to try to get it to run

Source Record (Filter) is running but don't see how that would affect it as it runs fine when I pick run button

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kirk

CodeYan

Yes, the check box is checked

My macro is as follows
If -> Video -> Scene "A" -> has changed (in a particular area)
Virtual camera -> Stop
Run -> xxx.bat (Run a .bat file)
Virtual Camera -> Start

Macro runs great when I pick run. The condition blinks when it is met but never executes the macro steps.

I have tried the following IF conditions with no luck

If Video on multiple different scenes for a change in a certain area
set a parameter and looked for it to change, it changes, sees condition blinks but does not execute the macro
video change in obs output
you name it, I have tried it

Like I said before worked great and now all of a sudden it won't work at all and no changes to OBS or Scene Switcher other than changes to try to get it to run

Source Record (Filter) is running but don't see how that would affect it as it runs fine when I pick run button

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kirk
Can you try turning on "Run macro in parallel to other macros"?

kdarroch

did that and everything else I can think of.

So I am wanting to run that macro based on when an overlay changes. When the overlay changes (changed using other macros) execute macro.

I want it to just execute one time. If I set condition to something that that is always true like a parameter = 1 for instance, then it will execute and continue executing the macro every time it is checked.

Am I trying to do something it can't and was lucky for a little bit when it worked?

I guess I could try and figure a way to trigger based on scene not changing for say 1 sec and then figure out how to only have it execute 1 time till next change

All I want to do is see the scene change (particular area) , run the macro, wait till another change happens, run the macro, repeat ......

CodeYan

did that and everything else I can think of.

So I am wanting to run that macro based on when an overlay changes. When the overlay changes (changed using other macros) execute macro.

I want it to just execute one time. If I set condition to something that that is always true like a parameter = 1 for instance, then it will execute and continue executing the macro every time it is checked.

Am I trying to do something it can't and was lucky for a little bit when it worked?

I guess I could try and figure a way to trigger based on scene not changing for say 1 sec and then figure out how to only have it execute 1 time till next change

All I want to do is see the scene change (particular area) , run the macro, wait till another change happens, run the macro, repeat ......
Instead of checking the video for a pattern, can't you just check for when you change the overlay with scene item visibility or however you change it?

kdarroch

Instead of checking the video for a pattern, can't you just check for when you change the overlay with scene item visibility or however you change it?
well I could but no option for just a change in visibility of the scene and there are a number of overlays. I would have to specify an or statement for every overlay, was wanting to ovoid that but might see if it works without slowing down execution much

just tried it, same result, sees the change but does not run macro

kdarroch

Can't say for sure but I think there is some sort of Bug with the "Reduce matching latency" option

If I check it, condition will be meet multiple times (sometimes) and execute the macro 1 or more times or not at all.
To get this to work had to add another condition that is alway meet and "and" it with the change condition.

it works most of the time but not all of the time and it will execute macro more than once like 1 out of three times

For now I think I am stuck till I figure out another unique solution to trigger the execution of the macro that works.

this is the only macro I am having issues with but it is also the only macro that uses a scene change to trigger it. All other macros currently match a pattern to a file

Any help is greatly appreciated as I am running out of ideas to try

JoshT89

Hi everyone! I'm trying to set up OBS to record whichever screen I'm currently using. I have a 4 monitor setup, and I'd like to record videos where I switch between screen 2 and screen 3 repeatedly. I'd like it to follow me along so I don't have to keep doing it manually.

I set up my macro as follows, but it isn't doing anything:
1677712592881.png

1677712618293.png

I also turned Advanced Scene Switcher on:
1677712656788.png

But, nothing happens when I move my cursor from one screen to the next or drag a program from one screen to the next or anything. I checked that my regions are framed correctly, and they seem to be correct. At this point, I'm not sure what else to try. Any ideas?