Adding or Modifying Video Capture Device causes crash

Haupp

Hi,

I'm currently trying to help my friend troubleshoot an issue he has been having specific to the new NVIDIA drivers since 526.47 and the new 526.86. I haven't seen too many people with similar issues so I figured I would ask here to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or has a workaround.

Basically as the title suggests, ever since updating to the newest NVIDIA drivers OBS studio will crash upon attempting to modify or add a video capture device within a scene.

Here are some things that we have tried.

- Removing all traces of NVIDIA Broadcast from the camera calls in the .json of the scene
- Removing NVIDIA Broadcast all together from the PC
- Reverting to OBS 27
- Removing the StreamElements plugin from OBS
- Deleting all profiles/scenes and starting from an empty scene
- Manually changing the camera ID in the .json to a separate Webcam
- Updating Windows 10 to 22H2
- Completely wiping the install and config of OBS and reinstalling fresh
- Force running as Administrator or just running as admin in general

None of these things seem to work HOWEVER on NVIDIA driver 522.25 these issues do not exist.

I know the obvious solution to this would be to rollback to that driver and stay there until a new NVIDIA driver comes out but I figured that I would ask if anyone else is having the same or similar issues as the person I am trying to help is trying to stream the new call of duty which on every driver prior to the newest 526.86 has pretty intense visual bugs that make the game much harder to play.

Basically I told him that if he wants to stream anything other than MW2 to rollback to 522.25 and when he wants to play to update to the most recent drivers.

Is this something that is just an NVIDIA specific issue? I have come to that conclusion but as I said I am investigating all avenues in case there might be a fix.

Another thing of note, when the program hangs and CTD there is no log file in the crashes folder.

I have attached a log file that I was sent but couldn't really pick out anything specific.

Thanks in advance for everyone reading.
David

Attachments

• 2022-11-10_12-18-13.txt
    82.8 KB · Views: 24

Crizbitz

Ive been having this problem aswell and the only work around ive found is changing camera settings in another app like logitech G HUB and hoping that the camera source will appear when i open and close and not to touch the properties in OBS.

Kinda sucks that the recent driver update hasnt fixed this, guess im sticking with the Studio Drivers until then.