Question / Help 240fps Videos are lagging

WeTi12

Hello, i have a strange problem. I want to record my footage to 1080p 240fps.
I use NVIDIA NVENC H.264(new) Encoder with 35000 bitrate, Profile: high, best quality and as soon as i start moving my mouse ingame, recording framerate drops to 0.
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: RTX 2070 SUPER
RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
My friend's recordings (Ryzen 7 2700, GTX 1070) With the same settings looks fine.
Is my GPU broken?
The game i want to record is Minecraft if it matters.

FerretBomb

The maximum supported framerate with OBS is 60fps. Going past that requires a very finely tuned system beyond the scope that this forum can support; if something goes wrong, we can only advise turning down your recording rate.

Some idiot on YouTube started telling people to record Minecraft at pointlessly high framerates, and everyone around here wants to kick that guy in the neck.

WeTi12

Ok so if anyone will ever find this topic while looking for help, mine problem was: Minecraft somehow was using over 90% of my RTX 2070 SUPER so i capped fps to 255 and the GPU usage dropped to 10% so i could easily record in 240fps.

And no, recording to 240fps is not pointless.

Narcogen

Just to be clear there are a lot of people who are apparently under the impression that they can record 240fps, upload that to YouTube, and that YT or their editing program is doing interpolation for them so that they think they are getting "smoother" 60fps this way than just recording 60fps.

Slow motion is a legitimate reason but most people doing this aren't actually doing that.