18+ age rating

Rumdel

Hello everyone!
I apologize in advance, I use google translate.
I have set up the playback of several videos through the VLC plugin. Now I want every video to have an 18+ age rating on it
Ideally, during the playback of each video, the age rating appears for about 5 seconds and disappears.
I tried:
1) Add a video with an alpha channel to the playlist.
2) Add a PNG file to the playlist
These methods do not work

Can you tell me how this can be done if you do not resort to video editing?
Thank you.

Attachments

• Age 18+.png
    Age 18+.png
    736.1 KB · Views: 19

AaronD

There are probably lots of ways to do this. The one that I thought of first is to use the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin to detect the end of a playlist item, which it thinks is simply the media ending (there's a different detection for the entire playlist ending, which you probably don't want in this case), and then show a second source in that same scene for your desired time and hide it again.
Maybe something like this?:
1699324174789.png

Rumdel

There are probably lots of ways to do this. The one that I thought of first is to use the Advanced Scene Switcher plugin to detect the end of a playlist item, which it thinks is simply the media ending (there's a different detection for the entire playlist ending, which you probably don't want in this case), and then show a second source in that same scene for your desired time and hide it again.
View attachment 99037
AaronD, thank you very much for the answer. I'll try to do it and come back with a report.

Rumdel

View attachment 99037
Aaron,
can I take a look at your general adwanced scene switcher settings? It seems that I have a macro running all the time. Thanks!

AaronD

It seems that I have a macro running all the time.
That's more likely because you don't realize that that macro's condition is always true. I've had that problem before, and it's not always easy to see. You might need to add a condition, with the AND operator in between, to block it when you know it shouldn't run.

For the general settings, I think the most notable one for me is that I actually sped it up. Check every 50ms compared to the default 300ms or so. That makes it that much more responsive, in exchange for higher CPU usage, which is not a problem on my rig.
1699392727061.png

1699392802254.png

AaronD

For general help with Adv. SS, look at its discussion thread here:
The author is quite active and very accommodating. If it turns out that something really does need to be changed or added in the code, instead of just configuring the UI differently, you'll probably get that too.

Rumdel

The author is quite active and very accommodating. If it turns out that something really does need to be changed or added in the code, instead of just configuring the UI differently, you'll probably get that too.
Thank you so much, I will try. I'll write the results later

Rumdel

AaronD, hello! Here are some results on using the macro:
When the macro is forced to run (run macro), everything works fine. The age warning appears and disappears after 5 seconds.
Not when one video from the playlist is not registered, the other video freezes for 2 seconds and continues to play, but at the same time, the age warning does not appear.

Rumdel

AaronD, hello! Here are some results on using the macro:
When the macro is forced to run (run macro), everything works fine. The age warning appears and disappears after 5 seconds.
Not when one video from the playlist is not registered, the other video freezes for 2 seconds and continues to play, but at the same time, the age warning does not appear.
AaronD, hello. I'm sorry, I use Google translate.
Demonstrated the work of the macro in the attached link
demonstration
Thank you!

AaronD

AaronD, hello. I'm sorry, I use Google translate.
Demonstrated the work of the macro in the attached link
demonstration
Thank you!
Much better! I see the problem now.

I did some more testing on my end, and it turns out that the more general case that I try to use doesn't work here. You have to specify the exact source that you want it to look at. This works on my end:
1699538383947.png

Even then, it still doesn't work in Studio Mode, which I like to use and I see that you're not using. If you're not using Studio Mode, it does work. Just keep that in mind for the next time you rearrange things.

Rumdel

Much better! I see the problem now.

I did some more testing on my end, and it turns out that the more general case that I try to use doesn't work here. You have to specify the exact source that you want it to look at. This works on my end:
View attachment 99092
Even then, it still doesn't work in Studio Mode, which I like to use and I see that you're not using. If you're not using Studio Mode, it does work. Just keep that in mind for the next time you rearrange things.
AaronD, victory! Thank you very much for your help!
Yes, that's right, it doesn't work in studio mode.