Question / Help 10000 kbps is too much for 720p 60 Youtube stream ?

kotaluwa

Hi all,

This is my first post in OBS forum. I am streaming APEX Legends to Youtube at 720p 60 FPS using NVENC new with RTX 2080ti for encoding (using Ryzen 3700X as the processor).
So I've referred this resource which saying use 6000kbps for 720p 60fps streaming. On the other hand, I've read quite a bit of information about if the bitrate is low, NVENC gives poor visual quality in the stream.

I know that games like APEX include high motion content and is tricky to get better visual quality.
So my question is, can I gain more visual quality by using more bitrate than 6000kbps for my stream or am I just wasting my bandwidth by setting 720p stream to 10000kbps bit rate.

Following is one of my stream from Youtube
Following is an obs log file

Thank you

kotaluwa

largely yes.

But as you might already know, There is no bitrate limit for YouTube. So do you think there is no noticeable difference between 6000kbps 720p 60FPS and 10000kbbps 720p 60FPS? Does this mean no matter the input bitrate, Youtube will always transcode the output to 6000kbps when viewing 720p 60FPS stream?

kotaluwa

Sometimes when I am streaming, I can see following from YouTube live control room. Does this say that I should stream 2500kbps or so?
Untitled.png