Supported Bit Versions
32-bit, 64-bit
Source Code URL
https://github.com/Xaymar/obs-stream-effects
Minimum OBS Studio Version
Supported Platforms
Windows
Bring your stream to life with more modern effects! Stream Effects adds several much needed features to OBS Studio, such as real time Blur and 3D Transform. Now you can blur out sources you think may be questionable, add sick 3D effects or recreate the Heroes of the Storm displacement overlay with the Displacement filter. The choice is yours, the possibilities are endless.

This project is funded through Patreon.
Become a Patron today and get Early Access to future versions of this and other projects.​

Features
Blur (Filter)
Blur out unwanted content, enhance your webcam overlay or just recreate various effects like Tilt-Shift with this one Filter! It comes with various types of blur (Box, Gaussian, Dual Filtering) and even allows you to choose just how you want the blur to be applied (Area, Directional, Rotational/Rolling, Zoom), and also mask out the area you want to be blurred (or not blurred) based on various types of masks (including Sources and Scenes).

Warning: Blurring is a non-destructive process, the source image can be restored to some degree. Do not use this to hide sensitive information, like clear-text passwords, bank information or credit card information. You have been warned.

Displacement Mapping (Filter)
Displace the pixels of the Source, in any way you want - create a whirl, zoom in, whatever your input normal map can do will happen with this Filter.

Source Mirror (Source)
Source Mirror duplicates the video and optionally also the audio of any source, allowing you to apply filters to either without affecting the original source. It also can rescale the video to fit your target region using any of the obs supported scaling modes. There is no limit on the number of Source Mirrors you create for one source, so go wild!

3D Transform (Filter)
A popular request for OBS Studio is now available as a filter for you to use, move, rotate, scale and shear your Source in 3D space at will! Create reflections of your video camera on a floor, table, or place your video camera in a room - the possibilities are endless and you can choose what you want to do! It can even generate mipmaps for the transformed source to reduce aliasing on sharp angles or squished sources, to further improve quality.

Signed Distance Field Effects (Filter)
Apply various effects like Inner and Outer Shadow to your sources or scenes! Drop Shadows, Glow, Outlines - instantly possible at minimal impact. Only requirement is that the source has transparent pixels.

Screenshots & Videos
3D Transformed Chat (No Mip-Mapping)
Author
Xaymar
Downloads
First release
Last update
Rating
4.92 star(s) 13 ratings

Latest updates

1. Stream Effects 0.7.0

Step up your masking game because it is time for Dynamic Masks! With this filter you can use any...
  2. Stream Effects 0.6.3

The big blur rework has finally reached an end, because today I present to you the new, more...
  3. Stream Effects 0.5.2

This is a hotfix release for v0.5.0, fixing a critical bug with source tracking for source...

Latest reviews

using the 3D Transform filter
Nice
Does exactly what asked for, straight forward to install with wizard.
Just filters, tweaking. Done :)
I find the source mirror to be incredibly helpful. I make a central source then mirror it to various scenes with different filters applied.
This plugin is a real miracle. However, blur requires a powerful graphics card. In my case, just turning this effect on with the minimum power loads the card for an additional 5 percent, and each further "unit" of blurriness for an additional percent. The rest is just great. Can't wait for new features!
Xaymar
Xaymar
Great news! 0.5.0 drastically reduced the necessary GPU power for Blur and has even further optimizations that should help out. The new modes Box Linear and Guassian Linear almost halve the required GPU time for blurring on any size.
I made a fresh install of Windows 10 today, i saved appdata and obs but the plugin stopped working.

I figured out that you need Virtual C to run this plugin, if you have the same problem google "All in One Runtimes" or download it from "https://www.sereby.org"

You can also Download each version of Virtual C by yourself from Microsoft.
Xaymar
Xaymar
The official Visual C++ 2017 runtime can be downloaded from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads . If you are using Windows 10 and update regularly, you already have it installed by default.
Awesome features! Waiting for upcoming... and thank you!
This is awesome and free. Especially "blur" effect.
Watch this to see more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LF5lyYj12A
Video guide is better than text.

Cool stuff for all vlogers. https://imgur.com/IFlPRlk
Excellent! Except for that the blur effect sometimes doesn't work. Restarting OBS works for me.
Xaymar
Xaymar
Blur Effect is fixed in the next version!
Love this! I've been waiting for something like this in OBS for ages!