Phos Light theme

Phos Light theme 2018-02-20

Phos Light theme for OBS Studio UI.

Greenish theme for OBS Studio (v21.0.1 and up).
Phos-Light-screenshot-01.jpg
Phos Light as 7z archive:

Phos Light.7z (~0.5 MBytes)

archive MD5: 54F4E3562E30788B538B2B3EBF8E4791
archive SHA256: 1211FB1BCF45EF184F9C733A0C0AFD7E49F8E5FF2202BA3061AD38FC32347750

How to install?
  1. Open OBS Studio main menu File>Show Settings Folder
  2. File explorer should open application's settings folder, there you need to create new folder named "themes" (if you already have one - just ignore this)
  3. Download Phos Light.7z archive and unpack the file Phos Light.qss and the folder PhosL to the folder themes(from p.2)
    • profiler_data
    • themes
      • PhosL
      • Phos Light.qss
    • updates
  4. Restart OBS Studio. New theme should appear under the Settings>General>Theme named "Phos Light"
  5. Choose the "Phos Light" theme and if required - restart OBS Studio to save the changes.
Was tested on Windows platform only.
----------------
Known issues(I), short info(SI) and possible workaround(PW) under the spoiler:

I: Sources icons are missing.
SI: Phos is so old theme that they simply turns into a sand...​
PW: Use default theme. This was my decision to not draw small gems. In other words: "Kann verbrennen, kann dich blenden...".​

I: Docked tab's text may clip if pane's size too small.
SI: (QTBUG-50637) At least Qt 5.15.0 needed to solve this.​
PW: Resize docked pane to make the tabs text fully visible. The OBS 27.0.0 for Windows uses Qt 5.15.2 and not affected by this issue​

I: Some icons were left from the default theme (tray icon, "no sources" background image...) but tools and buttons has new look.
SI: Tray icon was considered by developers to be dark... always.​
PW: Recompile application using different set of the base icons.​

I: Docked tabs has different outlook. No border.
SI: Limitation of the Qt styling for the docked tabs. The pane covered/substituted by general widget.​
PW: Use "default" theme.​

I: The sources pane and filters list has strange bright color for selection ("Phos Light" theme). It differ a lot from all other UI.
SI: The part of the code to allow text color inversion (in labels) is missing. The item's own text field is empty and never used, thus standard method doesn't work.​
PW: No workaround found. Changes to source code required.​

I: Audio and Advanced pages from the Settings has colored warnings messages at the bottom and the warning triangle sign picture is missing.
SI: This is in the code - because of long development. Usually, when you program things too long - some strange strings were written in the code and then forgotten.​
PW: Changes in the code required. I did some style overriding whenever it was possible, but this all I can do right now.​

I: When switching between the themes some part of the interface has previous color tint, for example Volume Meter ticks.
SI: Application uses custom methods to handle some UI drawing, so styles not updated.​
PW: Restart OBS Studio after new theme applied.​

I: Disabled drop-down list (for example Rescale Output) looks way different when it becomes enabled and editable. Thin or something like this.
SI: I have only guess on this. This is all about Qt that is used in OBS Studio. The QComboBox widget (editable drop-down list) consist of few elements/classes and some sub-elements doesn't inherits the state of the main widget when its state changes from disabled to enabled. They are drawn disabled (as QLineEdit) or Qt caches this style. The reverse - when widget was created "enabled", the transition: enable-disable-enable - acts normal.​
PW: No workaround found up to Qt 5.15.2. Maybe Qt bug or I did spend too much time on this stylesheet programming and thus miss obvious solution...​

I: Warning label at Settings may become clipped from above and below.
SI: (QTBUG-92381) Just Qt bug for high DPI display. Word wrapping may change number of strings but content size of the widget didn't updates.​
PW: Enlarge the window width by the mouse, until all text will fit in. All users of OBS with the Qt 5.15.2 (and probably earlier) with the high-DPI display affected. The command line key --disable-high-dpi-scaling of OBS can partially solve the issue, but it is not recommended, because the key was removed from newer releases.​

Let me know if you have better solutions of the known problems that fits the stylesheet programming.

Reactions: gatekeeper1122
Author
Suslik V
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Suslik V

Latest updates

1. Update of the Phos Light theme for OBS

Recent fixes. Adjusted to be compatible with the v28.0.0 Update is compatible with the v21.1.2...
  2. Intermediate update of the Phos Light theme for OBS

Recent fixes, redone logic and much more. Adjusted to be "a bit more" compatible with the...
  3. Small bugfix update for Phos Light theme (OBS v27.0.0+)

I forgot to add the tool buttons drawings for the Scene Collection import dialog. Fixing...