Resource icon

Advanced Scene Switcher 1.25.5

To simply call this plugin by its name, "Advanced Scene Switcher", doesn't do this piece of software nearly the justice it seriously deserves. It isn't JUST about changing scenes. It's about automation taken to the next level. The addition of Websockets support takes it to the next level, whether controlling it with a device like an Elgato Stream Deck or SAMMI or even from another OBS Studio instance on the same or even completely different computer, even from THAT OBS Studio's installation of Advanced Scene Switcher!

I don't think I use even the merest fraction of this software's capabilities, but I feel this plugin is a serious "must-have" if the user wants or needs any manner of automation, whether confined to the same computer or, in my case, a highly-distributed model.
The swiss army knife of automatic/logic flows in OBS, every second time someone wants to solve a specific problem and asks for a solution on the OBS Discord, it's this plugin which is suggested to them. A real must-have.
I love it! I entirely use the macro section and I love it. It makes streaming, only while streaming, almost effortless. Although, it's the preparation that can be time consuming but I already had previous experience with macros. I used an Android macro app (unfortunately it doesn't work with my current phone - that does make me angry because I can still download it) as an impression of what coding is like and I even loved it then. I'm still going to school but I haven't gone back since the pandemic and my experience with my first professor's own book. He used his own typo-filled education book. Anyways, I intend on going back to school after the pandemic ends.
Enables a whole new level of automation for OBS, especially with the Macros feature.
Basically Tasker/AHK of OBS. Automation on quite high level.
without this plugin, obs is a nothing.
Does so much I'd call it OBS Automator or Macro Tool. The developer is also great! Active in development and support, and responds to suggestions well. Really thankful for this plugin.
Use to love this plugin for its ease of use, after updates, forcing macro functions have made this my least favorite plugin. Tasks that use to take just a few clicks to program, now take much longer because of the macro enforcement. Don't fix what isn't broken.
W
Warmuptill
None of the previous functionality was removed.

In case you want to use the "old" tabs you can re-enable them by unchecking the "Hide tabs which can be represented via macros" option on the General tab:
https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/19472752/194732681-cc5c8118-c008-45c2-89d4-a364771327e7.PNG

Hope that helps!
If you have question do not hesitate to ask or have a look at the wiki :)
https://github.com/WarmUpTill/SceneSwitcher/wiki
This is a really well done plugin, and I am now reliant on this plugin for switching my scenes upon media states (it even allows switching depending on remaining time, which is great for media sources as you won't have to see the video go black). The macros are also really powerful, allowing you to execute a sequence of actions.
I can't imagine working in obs without this plugin! It makes everything 1000x easier, Thank you so much for your work on this!
Essential plugin
Very flexible! Nice plugin!
Works great for me! Thanks
Screen region in previous versions doesn't trigger at all, and Data directory is missing on latest releases. UPDATE: Resolved by taking the advanced-scene-switcher.dll from 1.4.0 and bundling with the Data directory in 1.3.3.
W
Warmuptill
Please do not follow this advice - It won't have any effect
one of the best plugins out there! complete automation possible, if then conditions/actions, twitch integration, MIDI support and an extremely helpful and supportive dev! kann man nicht meckern <3
I just have one problem, can you make it so that you can add OBS to the ignore scene switch list and Google Chrome as a whole rather than just specific tabs? Thanks so much, love it!
i dont like the week day are removed from time tab
W
Warmuptill
This was not intentional and should be fixed already - please download the plug-in again (same version) and the time tab will once again show the weekday options.
But thanks for also reporting the issue! :)
the plugin is good excellent but it is complicated to use
Fantastic plugin that i've used for a good few months now, has pushed our broadcast to new levels.

One issue I have run into today is that when using the 'Scene item visibility - sources in index range' function, the upper index range doesn't save on reload or if duplicating the macro making it effectively broken. Also it only goes up to 99. So scenes with over 99 sources have limitations. Makes it difficult if you are bulk hiding sources, but only on the truly large scenes!
W
Warmuptill
Glad to hear that you found a use for the plugin! :)

The issue of the upper index not saving correctly should be solved with the most recent release.
The maximum value for the index selection was also increased to 999.
On macOS OSX is not working on OBS 26.0.2, however it works in 26.1.2.
W
Warmuptill
OBS is shipped with certain versions of libraries the plugin depends on.
The version of these libraries was changed from OBS 26.0 to OBS 26.1 and I chose to support the newer versions of OBS.

I could of course always build two version of the plugin but this would probably cause too much confusion.

In general I hope that the problem resolves itself over time as people slowly migrate to more recent versions of OBS on macOS.
But if you have suggestions on how to handle this situation better I am all ears :)

Unfortunately the plugin overview page also does not let me select OBS 26.1 as the minimum supported version, as only changes in major version seem to be supported. (So OBS 25, OBS 26, ...)