Zwift Ride Ons

Zwift Ride Ons 0.32

rapasave

However compliments for your work. I don't know if you still have knowledge to read also the fit file that generate Zwift when you are riding. Could be nice to add some extra new fields that we don't have in zwift but I know it requires some works
grazie
Save
PS are you also a zwift rider?

Boondoggler

However compliments for your work. I don't know if you still have knowledge to read also the fit file that generate Zwift when you are riding. Could be nice to add some extra new fields that we don't have in zwift but I know it requires some works
grazie
Save
PS are you also a zwift rider?

Hi,
The fit file is a binary format, I'm not sure how I'd go about reading that using the script language that's built into OBS. It might be possible with a python version, but I'd need to look into it - if I ever find the time ill have a look :-).

I am a Zwift rider (Matt Page), but, a new baby has meant I haven't ridden for almost a year! I'll be back on soon hopefully.

rapasave

Hi,
The fit file is a binary format, I'm not sure how I'd go about reading that using the script language that's built into OBS. It might be possible with a python version, but I'd need to look into it - if I ever find the time ill have a look :-).

I am a Zwift rider (Matt Page), but, a new baby has meant I haven't ridden for almost a year! I'll be back on soon hopefully.
There are 4 Matt on zwift.. I added one..hope will be the right one lol :)

rapasave

Hello Matt,

would be possible to share or send me in pm your theme with all settings. its very nice :)

thanks in advance

Save

rapasave

Hello Matt,

I found another bug altought I think not depends from your script. If you start to ride and after for example 30 minute decided to go to a meetup or a ride/event in the chat box the name of who is chatting becomes a number of 8 digits. To avoid this I have to close the ride before the event starts and then it works.

In case I can send you the log file of some examples but I think depends from zwift

ciao
save

Boondoggler

Hello Matt,

I found another bug altought I think not depends from your script. If you start to ride and after for example 30 minute decided to go to a meetup or a ride/event in the chat box the name of who is chatting becomes a number of 8 digits. To avoid this I have to close the ride before the event starts and then it works.

In case I can send you the log file of some examples but I think depends from zwift

ciao
save
Hi Save,

Send over the log and I'll take a look. Sorry I didn't get back to you about the theme, I have been moving house so haven't had much time to do anything with this. I'll take a look when I can.

Cheers,

arckuk

Hi @Boondoggler

Thanks for the script, it's working nicely! I encountered an error with it yesterday, which was triggered when starting a ride in Watopia, going the through the downtown start/finish arch, then reversing and going back through it. Multiple lines were logged to the OBS error log, complaining about line 454 of the script, and comp_avg_power being nul. The problematic log file line was this, I think:
[23:34:31] TIMING ARCH: Player passed finish line but it appears that not all checkpoints have been passed.
Your script currently parses lines with "TIMING ARCH:" for time and average power, and this results in a nul for comp_avg_power.
I changed line 446 so that it now checks for the existence of avg watts before computer the segment_comp value:
elseif string.match(line, "TIMING ARCH:") and string.match(line, "avg watts") then
This seems to solve the problem!

Boondoggler

Hi @Boondoggler

Thanks for the script, it's working nicely! I encountered an error with it yesterday, which was triggered when starting a ride in Watopia, going the through the downtown start/finish arch, then reversing and going back through it. Multiple lines were logged to the OBS error log, complaining about line 454 of the script, and comp_avg_power being nul. The problematic log file line was this, I think:
[23:34:31] TIMING ARCH: Player passed finish line but it appears that not all checkpoints have been passed.
Your script currently parses lines with "TIMING ARCH:" for time and average power, and this results in a nul for comp_avg_power.
I changed line 446 so that it now checks for the existence of avg watts before computer the segment_comp value:
elseif string.match(line, "TIMING ARCH:") and string.match(line, "avg watts") then
Thanks @arckuk, I've never seen the log contain a line like that before. I'll update the script to include your fix when I get chance,

Cheers!

Last edited:

Boondoggler

Hi @Boondoggler

Hi @arckuk,

Thanks for spotting this, there was actually already a check in the script (the line that checks if i and k are nil), but the line that concatenated the values was outside of that if statement so ran regardless. I've moved it and updated the script. Should work OK now, let me know if you find any more issues.

Cheers!

rapasave

Hello Matt,

thanks for your support. I found another bug but I think It cannof fixed from your script but is a problem genarated from the Zwift side. I explain you...If you start riding you can see correctly the chat from other users and you , you see the surname of the user who is chatting. But it you join another event ride or meetup chatbox still works but you see 8digits numbers instead of surnames. In case I can send you the logs but I think depends from zwift. When I have to stream a meetup I finish the ride, so close Zwift and then lunch it again and join immedialty the meetup, in this case works and I see the surname properly dispayed

ciao
save

Moaty

Hi Folks,
I am running the script on the latest build of OBS (and running streamelements also) but the script does not output to the active text boxes?

Moaty

Hi Folks,
I am running the script on the latest build of OBS (and running streamelements also) but the script does not output to the active text boxes?
I have just realised that when you are running HUD free mode in Zwift, there is no log of the name who gives you a ride-on (HUD Notify event) and therefore will not populate the text field. The count of Ride-ons does seem to work now after restarting OBS and deleting and reinstalling the script

Boondoggler

I have just realised that when you are running HUD free mode in Zwift, there is no log of the name who gives you a ride-on (HUD Notify event) and therefore will not populate the text field. The count of Ride-ons does seem to work now after restarting OBS and deleting and reinstalling the script

Hi,
I haven't actually had chance to test with the HUD turned off, but from what you say it sounds like the name isn't written to the log so isn't there to output.

Glad you got the ride on count working
Cheers