Bug Report Zoom re-enabled virtual cams... but OBS virtual cam still doesn't work?

brs10

Good news! Zoom's latest update on May 24 fixed the issue that blocked virtual cameras! I was able to get other virtual camera software (e.g. ManyCam) working on Zoom, but OBS's virtual camera still doesn't work on Zoom. Another data point: my OBS virtual camera works in Google Meet -- just not Zoom. So, the OBS virtual camera is sort of working, and Zoom's recognition of virtual cameras is sort of working... but the two still don't play nicely.

This is a pickle. Any ideas?

ubassman54

All, I'm new to OBS and I've been experimenting with it using my iMac and the NDI cam software. I have been able to get OBS to work with Zoom using NDI. Some details:

1) Install OS and latest version of Zoom.
2) Install NDI HX camera on an iPhone or iPad.
3) Install NDI Tools (ndi.tv/tools). I installed all the tools including, NDI Virtual Input and the NDI | HX Driver.
4) Install the OBS NDI software from Github (github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases/tag/4.9.0). This includes obs-ndi-4.9.0-macOS.pkg as well as the required runtime https://ndi.palakis.fr/runtime/ndi-runtime-4.5.1-macOS.pkg
5) Launch OBS go to the Tools menu and the now installed NDI Output settings. Check the box next to Main Output and click OK.
6) Launch NDI Virtual Input and select as the input the output you enabled in the above step.
7) Launch Zoom and check the video settings select the NDI Virtual input.

I tested this with Zoom 5.0.4

ubassman54

Worked like a charm! It takes a few steps, but an impressive workaround.

Glad it worked! As mentioned in my initial post, I'm new to OBS. But, I find that the power and functionality of the free software from NDI/NewTek to be really impressive. I believe that the IOS NDI HX camera app was $20 before COVID and NDI has since mede it a free download.

Heliob

I got virtual cam to show again within Zoom (version 5.0.4) by running the following Mac Terminal Command:

codesign --remove-signature /Applications/zoom.us.app

(I use obs-virtualcam for mac through terminal; I therefore signed out of obs, ran the Mac Command and restarted obs after this)

Last edited:

PsiBear13

Hi everyone,
I am new to OBS and in dire need of help. trying to connect my Sony camera to my MBP as a web/livestream cam for Zoom using a Blacmagic Ultra Studio Mini Recorder and can not get it to work (i've tried youtube...and my head really hurts, because nothing works).
Gear using:
2019 Mac Book Pro (os Mojave 10.14.6)
Sony a6600 & a7iii
Blackmagic Ultra Studio Mini Recorder (desktop video setup 11.6)
OBS (25.0.8)
Micro HDMI to HDMI
apple thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 connector
Zoom (5.1.2)

i can get the stream from camera into OBS, but can not get the virtual camera feed into zoom (virtual camera in tools is on)
my options are:
facetime HD camera
Black Magic Ultra mini recorder (there are literally 32 options, and all display a black screen)

the only way i can seem to get the stream into OBS is if the settings are 1080i59.94
camera settings:
HDMI res = 1080i
output = 60p
HDMI info display off (sometimes need to toggle on/off and disconnect/reconnect HDMI to get image back)
TC output, Rec control, ctrl for HDMI = on (sometimes i have to toggle on/off/on to get the image back)
sometimes turn camera off/on to get image in OBS back.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.