Question / Help Zoom Q2n / OBS / Mac - Audio Capture issue - Q2n does appear as Device in menu

Nick_B_808

I am wanting to live stream seminars to FB and bought Zoom Q2n linked to Macbook Air via OBS and following the standard online demo / instructions

1) My set up is as follows
  1. Zoom Q2n with latest firmware installed 1.11
  2. Zoom Q2n drivers for Mac installed
  3. Mac OS is High Sierra 10.13
  4. OBS latest version installed
2) Video source - When I connect Zoom Q2n to OBS and set to webcam all goes well - I can see the Q2n in the drop down menu as a choice for Video capture Device - no problem and the video feed appears normally in OBS and I can resize the feed - GREAT :-) .

3) Audio source - However, when I then go to add the audio source I cannot see the Q2n in the drop down menu as a choice for Audio Capture and only see the choice of "Built-in Microphone" so defaults to using the laptop built in Mic - NOT GREAT :-(

4) I put in my FB streaming key into OBS and the video feed goes to my FB page - GREAT :-)

I have tried different micro USB cables - no joy
I have re-installed Zoom Q2n drivers - no joy
I have re-installed OBS - no joy

Given that I am seeing Q2n as a video feed 50% of the solution is working and have assumed all is OK with the Zoom drivers

Any ideas on why I am not seeing the Q2n as an audio source / device choice for audio in the menu??

Thanks

Narcogen

Does the Zoom show up as an audio input device in System Preferences?

If it doesn't, there's no way that OBS will be able to use it as an audio input; it's likely that their drivers do not include a live audio component, at least not on MacOS.

There's another thread on a similar issue with no resolution, although it appears that case had no video.

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-not-recognizing-zoom-q2n.64903/

The Zoom appears to be a recorder/camcorder device not really intended for use as a webcam.

Nick_B_808

It shows up as Video Input but not Audio - it can be used as a web cam and has a web cam mode

This video clearly shows it being used as a webcam / live cast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMf5Yf-1xKA with OBS

Thats why I am puzzled as to why I only see the video input but not audio..... Clearly the driver picks up the unit for visual feed and Ive proven that works fine........