Question / Help Zoom audio delay and echo in OBS MAC

DrDoctrine

I have been trying to find a solution for this for months! I can't find any help. I use OBS streamlabs on a Macbook pro 2017. I am trying to do live stream interviews with OBS and bringing in the other person through ZOOM video conferencing. I set up the source for ZOOM and bring the video in. I use iShowU audio capture to get the audio from Zoom into OBS.

I cannot figure out for the live of me how to sync up the audio. The audio from the person I'm interviewing is out of sync. The audio comes in real time, but the video is delayed. For clarity I hear the audio first before the person's mouth moves in the Zoom video in OBS.

Also sometimes I get the audio from zoom and it sounds like the person is in a coliseum. There is this crazy echo. I have youtube muted when I'm doing the live stream so it's not that.

PLEASE! Someone show me some love right now. I cannot fix this these 2 problems!

beyonder

under edit menu select Advance Audio Settings. In the audio from zoom put a sync offset to delay the audio so it syncs with the video.

beyonder

1000ms = 1sec

you want to delay the audio s0 you want a negative number. -2000 not 2000

is the audio sync moving at all?

DrDoctrine

No matter which way I do it, positive or negative, it never syncs up. Now I'm beginning to think its my internet bandwidth just can't keep up with it? Anytime I stream through OBS streamlabs when it's just myself, I never have audio problems.

kevinviner

I'm having the same issue going into Zoom on a Mac, and starting to think that it might be time to grab a PC as I believe OBS functions much better on Windows. I have great internet and a brand new i7 / 64gb RAM Mac Mini, and the latency is terrible . . .

HDTheKing

On Mac Catolina , I Often Use QuickTime Player To Screen Record The Zoom Conference as a Fail Safe and If The OBS Feed Comes In Delayed I Sync The Screen Grabbed Video With The OBS Audio . I Know This Doesn’t Help For Live Streaming Sorry

Koen Willems

I had the same too and solved it by using a second computer or smartphone for my own audio.
Let me try to explain: in Zoom on my main computer I mute my mic and select iShowU Audio Capture as speaker (so not the multi-output-device). In OBS I select the iShowU Audio Capture als Mix/AUx 2. In the audio mixer I mute Mic/Aux (so only Mix/Aux 2 is outputting audio). Furthermore in advanced audiosetting select output and monitor for Mic/Aux2.
Via the second computer (or a smartphone or whatever) I attend the meeting too (mostly with a dummy name like 'MyName audio') shuttimg down my cam and only using the mic.
So my own audio is arriving into Zoom on the main computer like the audio of every other attendee.

Works for me!

cyberscribe

I resolved this thanks to a YT video (forget who--Boulder Comedy Club I think) explaining that Display Capture solves this completely. The Zoom window capture was giving me upwards of 800ms lag between audio and video; switch to Display Capture and all is well! Hope that helps someone.