Question / Help YT, Discord, livestream settings - no video

Robmedianetwork

Hi,
New user here. I've been working on a setup where myself and 2-3 others are in a discord channel and livestream to youtube for movie reviews, etc.
No video is involved. I've had some decent success yet troubleshooting has been an issue. I use a headset/mic for mic and have desktop audio going through.
However, sometimes the audience can only hear me and not my co host. Sometimes, it's me and the co-host are heard and not the 3rd guest.

*I don't know if I am supposed to have 2 desktop audios; I know to right click/properties to change settings, etc.
I assume monitor and output is what I want so I can hear my guests in headphones and that passes through to livestream.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

https://obsproject.com/logs/29Xcr7RwpVYTfk6A

koala

Don't activate audio monitoring in OBS for a source you're hearing already. For example, if you configured Discord to output its audio to your Windows desktop audio, you don't need to activate audio monitoring in OBS, because you hear your desktop audio already and also without OBS interfering. In addition, OBS isn't outputting audio to the monitoring device what you have configured as audio source to prevent feedback and audio loops. Or it was the other way round, it ignores a source that is also configured as monitoring device - I don't remember exactly.

You should do this:
Setup Discord without OBS running. Configure your mic device and your output device in Discord so you are able to speak and are hearing your hosts fine.

Now start OBS and configure these two devices within OBS as audio sources. Don't configure anything for monitoring. Set all sound sources to "Monitor Off". This makes all sources only going to the tracks you activated, and usually Track 1 goes out to the stream.
This way you record exactly what is coming from Discord, and in addition what you speak in your mic. You don't hear your mic fed back to your headphones (would create audio feedback if you configure monitoring for this), but you will see the mixer meter in OBS when you speak. Make a test stream and watch the created VOD from the streaming service to make sure your voice is actually picked up. If it is, all is fine and you can be certain that if the meter moves in OBS for your mic, your voice is actually included with the stream.

Robmedianetwork

This would give some merit to the 3rd host hopping into Discord after OBS session created; was trying to adjust/produce on the fly. I'll give this a shot. I imagine the same type of sitution with Hangouts would apply; have that set up before the OBS session. Thanks.