Raminjan

Hello guys. I am looking for some suggestions. I am kind of unsure what to do as far as picking the right hardware, if I want to Live Stream on YouTube. I have a pre-recorded video. It's 30 minutes long. I want to put this video on YouTube as a Live Feed which replays over and over forever.

Now, I am not sure what is the best option as far as hardware for this. I have optiplex dell 990 small form factor computer. I have good network connection. My internet speed is like 600 MB download and 35 MB upload. But yet, I get Encoder Error issues or server issues. I know it might be either my connection or my hardware. I was planning on to upgrade my computer like getting a better computer entirely or just signup for services like Ohbubble.

I know I make my choice and no one is responsible. But can I ask what would you do if you were in my shoe? Would you build your own custom hardware or would you buy a VPS service?

if VPS service, what service is least expensive but yet incredible?
if building your own custom computer, what build would you recommend?

Thank you.

Would you be able to upload a screenshot of your Encoder/Output settings in OBS?

I know I make my choice and no one is responsible. But can I ask what would you do if you were in my shoe? Would you build your own custom hardware or would you buy a VPS service?

For a looping video, I don't think it's worth buying a new rig - your CPU is 2nd Gen Sandybridge, so it has intel Quicksync. As long as you set it right, even for an older CPU like that one, you should be able to stream on the fastest encoder settings and get decent video quality.

A VPS, if it's just for this very specific task, would also be a good option. There are some free cloud solutions like Google and Amazon which would allow that.

Another option If you're interested is a Raspberry Pi using FFMPEG livestreaming.

Raminjan

Would you be able to upload a screenshot of your Encoder/Output settings in OBS?

For a looping video, I don't think it's worth buying a new rig - your CPU is 2nd Gen Sandybridge, so it has intel Quicksync. As long as you set it right, even for an older CPU like that one, you should be able to stream on the fastest encoder settings and get decent video quality.

A VPS, if it's just for this very specific task, would also be a good option. There are some free cloud solutions like Google and Amazon which would allow that.

Another option If you're interested is a Raspberry Pi using FFMPEG livestreaming.
Hello friend and thank you for your willingness to help. You have requested a screenshot of the error. But unfortunately, I don't have that right now unless I run a stream and wait for it to fail whenver. But I did got a screenshot of all my OBS Setting pages and also I have included 10 log files which I don't understand anything in them as far as pinpointing what the reason is for my stream failing or stopping to stream on YouTube.

Please feel free to look at the log files. I would greatly appreciate it if you could please help me figure out whether I need to upgrade my rig or the settings are wrong? I also am attaching a notepad file which tells you exactly what cpu model is in my Optiplex 990 SFF.

Please see attached files.

Thank you so much.

Attachments

• 2021-05-06 21-50-33.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 2021-05-06 21-56-32.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 2021-06-22 18-59-12.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 2021-06-22 19-21-18.txt
    23.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2021-07-02 23-22-19.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 2021-07-02 23-24-49.txt
    38.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2021-07-05 22-15-01.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2021-08-05 18-47-22.txt
    11 KB · Views: 15
  • 2021-08-07 02-31-53.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 16

Raminjan

Hello friend and thank you for your willingness to help. You have requested a screenshot of the error. But unfortunately, I don't have that right now unless I run a stream and wait for it to fail whenver. But I did got a screenshot of all my OBS Setting pages and also I have included 10 log files which I don't understand anything in them as far as pinpointing what the reason is for my stream failing or stopping to stream on YouTube.

Please feel free to look at the log files. I would greatly appreciate it if you could please help me figure out whether I need to upgrade my rig or the settings are wrong? I also am attaching a notepad file which tells you exactly what cpu model is in my Optiplex 990 SFF.

Please see attached files.

Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Advanced1.PNG
    Advanced1.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Advanced2.PNG
    Advanced2.PNG
    76.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Advanced-Stream.PNG
    Advanced-Stream.PNG
    44.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Audio.PNG
    Audio.PNG
    61.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Computer Hardware Info.txt
    183 bytes · Views: 17
  • General1.PNG
    General1.PNG
    62.5 KB · Views: 49
  • General2.PNG
    General2.PNG
    57.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Output.PNG
    Output.PNG
    44.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Stream.PNG
    Stream.PNG
    32.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Video.PNG
    Video.PNG
    32.8 KB · Views: 62
Okay so I noticed in your first log files you're streaming at 30fps and getting very few encoding errors over a few hours stream - 2021-06-22-19-21-18-txt:
10:22:30.549: Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 230974 (0.9%)
10:22:30.549: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 97561 (0.4%)
So 40% of the total lagged frames were due to bandwidth issues. You suggested before that your upload is 35 Megabits per second, so a 2.5Mbps stream should be fine unless there's a connection issue between your PC and Router. Do you use wifi or wired? Do a speed test, what is the upload spee, latency and jitter? You may have good upload speed but if there's packet loss it causes data to not be recieved in a timely manner, which is crucial for livestreamed content.

I noticed that under that:
10:22:30.549: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 110/24930357 (0.0%)
This indicates that your encoding wasn't at fault, at least in the earlier logs.

I'm unsure of the stream setting that you want... in some screenshots you're using simple mode and 4000kbps, and sometimes advanced mode with 2500kbps...

Either way, you eventually seem to changed your video settings from 30fps to 60fps - I don't think the CPU can sustain a 720p60fps veryfast stream, might be possible if you really need the 60fps try change the encoder to quicksync with basic settings and see how it performs.

Or stick with x264 and change the CPU usage from veryfast to superfast or ultrafast to reduce CPU usage, this will decrease the video quality, so increase the bitrate to about 4500kbps - 6000kbps. It's not really recommended by youtube to go any higher than 6000kbps at 720p60, but if you're using a really fast encoding method such as x264 superfast or ultrafast it's kind of necessary to get good quality.