Question / Help YouTube audio out of sync after processing

MichaelKellam

Hi,
We have been streaming with OBS Studio for some time with virtually no problems.

A few months ago, we began experiencing an issue where the YouTube audio appears to be in sync while live, but after YouTube processes it, the audio is out of sync. This only affects livestreams on our YouTube channel.

I thought this was a YouTube issue, but they seem clueless about it. I have seen similar reports from people using other encoders like Wirecast and they suggest it might be a setting issue with the x264. Some have reported possible custom configuration of bframes.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have...

Thanks! Mike

P.S. My workflow is OBS Studio 23.0.1 (current version) on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.14.3 streaming to Joicaster and then from there to YouTube and Facebook. This issue apparently does not affect the Facebook part of the stream. This setup worked without problems for 2 years prior to this issue.

AndersonRusso

Hi Mark, i registered here after find your post on google.
I'm having the same issue. The same live on facebook is ok, the audio sinc is correct. But on youtube the audio go out of sinc after processing.
Do u found any clue of what may be causing it?
I'm using xsplit and restream.
If u could add me on facebook, we could talk more about it. https://www.facebook.com/anderson.russo.7
Thanks!
(sorry for my english, is a little rusted, i'm from Brazil)