Youtube aspect ratio letterboxes

Belgrieve

I am trying to make a stream with aspect ratio of 2.35:1 so i can put my 16:9 game on one side of the screen and chat on other(as seen on pictures below), but youtube always puts my stream in 16:9 aspect ration no matter what i do which adds unnecessary letterboxes.
31.png
32.png

My monitor has aspect ratio of 16:9 and i definitely seen people stream with wider aspect ratio on their 16:9 without youtube making it difficult like this
33.png

This problem doesn't exist on twitch.
Logs are included if they help

Attachments

• 2021-11-15 15-06-10.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 16

koala

You resize the whole video to your custom resolution, while actually you should use the full 1920x1080 resolution as canvas and resize only your game source within the canvas to smaller. Then you have the black space in the OBS canvas and can fill it with whatever chat source you like. So both are in the same video and are streamed as 1920x1080 and will not be rescaled by Youtube.

Belgrieve

You resize the whole video to your custom resolution, while actually you should use the full 1920x1080 resolution as canvas and resize only your game source within the canvas to smaller. Then you have the black space in the OBS canvas and can fill it with whatever chat source you like. So both are in the same video and are streamed as 1920x1080 and will not be rescaled by Youtube.
This is a completely useless answer for me that i saw in every other thread after googling for 3 days, I fixed this problem and the stream looks the way I want which is showed and explained in the post. It was a problem with youtube auto resolution in stream key settings which should be set to desiried resolution.