Yellow Border on Window Capture

BeastlyVR

So cause of windows recent updates adding a yellow border to windows/screens when they are being captured and recorded, I know there there is a fix for Display and Game capture, but i cant find a fix for window capture. I wanted to start streaming Destiny 2 recently with some friends, but i require a window capture not a game capture cause of the way D2 handles third party hooking. Does any one know how to fix the yellow boarder for window capture?

WBE

The fix is quite easy: don't bother that border. ;)

The yellow border is Windows 10 behaviour to let you know that the screen or window is being captured, so sneaky spyware cannot secretly send off your screen's content, ie. your banking details and other sensitive information, without the user noticing. There is no switch to turn the yellow border off but it is not present in the streams and recordings.

You could try to use the older capture method BitBIt, which does not have the yellow borders, but that might not work with your specific software.

BeastlyVR

The fix is quite easy: don't bother that border. ;)

The yellow border is Windows 10 behaviour to let you know that the screen or window is being captured, so sneaky spyware cannot secretly send off your screen's content, ie. your banking details and other sensitive information, without the user noticing. There is no switch to turn the yellow border off but it is not present in the streams and recordings.

You could try to use the older capture method BitBIt, which does not have the yellow borders, but that might not work with your specific software.
I understand its for security reasons but its very annoy when your screen is very dark and the border glows the way it does
BitBit doesn't work on Destiny 2 for some reason. But D2 has always problems with being captured. so its the reason i asked

cyclemat

@BeastlyVR i have a workaround for you but cant test it i didnt have D2

Install the NDI plugin and the NDI Tools USE NDI HX capture and a NDI source in OBS !

_ty_x_don_

I understand its for security reasons but its very annoy when your screen is very dark and the border glows the way it does
BitBit doesn't work on Destiny 2 for some reason. But D2 has always problems with being captured. so its the reason i asked
I have the same issue and is looking a work around

_ty_x_don_

@BeastlyVR i have a workaround for you but cant test it i didnt have D2

Install the NDI plugin and the NDI Tools USE NDI HX capture and a NDI source in OBS !
could you provide a guide? because I did that and I wasn't seeing any instructions on how to do it and the videos I saw were explaining how you could stream your phone camera through your local network into OBS

Noone

1652355531080.png
1652355549575.png
1652355564874.png

koala

The current version of OBS (29.x as of this writing) doesn't exhibit yellow borders any more, so just update to the most current OBS version.