Resource icon

YATCP - Yet Another Twitch Chat Plugin .51

OviDiuSSwe

Great plugin ! i just added it to my OBS and it looks great.

I did only find one thing that i dint like :) and that is that the text starts from the top and travels down. And i want to request a option to click in if i want the text to always show the resent post from bottom and see the text travel upwards.

If possible allot of gratitude. :)

*I approve of this plugin*

quasarinova

Posted a new version in the main thread.

Fixes:
DBstyle emoticon now correctly parses as DBstyle (was parsing DBStyle in the earlier version)

New Features:
Can change both background opacity and text opacity
Option to bold text
Option to start from the bottom of the box instead of the top.

quasarinova

Bosenator said:
Hey, I noticed you've hardcoded the emoticon list, have you had a look at: https://github.com/justintv/Twitch-API/ ... temoticons ?
I know about it and originally wanted to import the json and use it to parse the emoticons. However, I felt that the majority of it was probably not to be used(more than half is channel specific) and while I'd like to use it, I chose to go down a simpler route for now.

I'd still like to query if users are turbo and use the turbo emotes, but I don't get the emoticon_set number for the rest of em>.<

Ragnos

Hey,

your plugin does exactly what i need, thanks for that! Sadly it causes my OBS to crash. :<

OBS fully crashes if YATC is used in a scene. OBS runs fine if the plugin is loaded but unused.

Using OBS 0.584 x64 w/o any plugins except YATCP and the attached CLRHostPlugin.
I also tried the latest offical CLRHostPlugin-Version, but with the same result.
Everything on a 3 days old Windows 7 x64 installation, all new drivers etc.

I attached CrashLog and CrashDump, tell me if i can provide more information.

Attachments

• crashDumps.7z
    208.5 KB · Views: 56

quasarinova

Ragnos said:
Hey,

your plugin does exactly what i need, thanks for that! Sadly it causes my OBS to crash. :<

OBS fully crashes if YATC is used in a scene. OBS runs fine if the plugin is loaded but unused.

Using OBS 0.584 x64 w/o any plugins except YATCP and the attached CLRHostPlugin.
I also tried the latest offical CLRHostPlugin-Version, but with the same result.
Everything on a 3 days old Windows 7 x64 installation, all new drivers etc.

I attached CrashLog and CrashDump, tell me if i can provide more information.
I'll look into it.

How does the crash occur? Does the scene render and it crash a second or two later?

There is a known issue of it crashing if it can't connect to the IRC. The next version I should have all that handled>.< Anywho, if that is the reason it's crashing it's probably due to the password not being your OAuth token(complete with oauth: ). If you need to get your token, you can go to http://www.twitchapps.com/tmi/.

If that is not the reason and that's all correct, please post your normal log. The log folder can be accessed in the app via the Settings->Open Log Folder menu item. It might be a help.

I'd like to get you up and running:)

Ragnos

It was because i used my own password instead of the OAuth-Token. :/

Who thinks about a false password if the whole application blows up. Thank you for that hint. Works perfect now.

//Edit: I should watch my words. :< Crashed while configuring fontsize and general size. Before that, it connected to Twitch and recieved my testmessage. New CrashDump attached, including the application log.

Attachments

• crashDumps.7z
    242.8 KB · Views: 60

quasarinova

I'm not sure what caused this crash, so I went ahead and fixed up a lot of my exception handling. Hopefully this fixes your issue. I'm very happy you're providing this information:) If it happens again with the one I'm uploading right now, please update me:)

Update notes:
Better exception handling in the IRC code
Won't take a password that doesn't start with oauth: anymore

Kazu

I'm trying to use this plugin but it does not work for me.

I can't understand what the oauth token should be.
Is this the regular stream key? I tried it with the stream key but it didn't work.
I'm also sending messages directly at my dashboard on twitch.

Can someone help me?

*EDIT*

Okay, found it. I just googled "twitch oauth" and now it works ^^
Awesome plugin :3

Moesh

This is a great plugin! Simply, easy to configure, and works fine as far as I've tested. It would be nice if I could control the line height for formatting/stylistic reasons.

Thanks for putting this out there!

Nullzone

I had a random crash when changing to the scene containing the plugin.
Not really sure why it crashed, but i will upload a log anyways. :)

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/7978402

Even though you only added the basic things so far, i really like it! Just what i needed for my chat overlay. +1! <3
Is it possible to add line spacing? That is a feature i would love to see.

Smoshi

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but when I change scenes (changing server scene) and then switch back, my chat size is reset.

edit: Just have to change the width and height in properties. I was trying to resize by editing it on preview mode :P

drathek

I was not able to get any chat to appear on my channel using the 64 bit version of this plugin (I have not tried 32 bit yet). I tried lowercase and upper case username, used the same irc key that I have been using for Desert Kharon IRC. Furthermore, my log is completely flooded with:

04:09:45: CLRVector2::Tick() failed to invoked on managed instance: 0x80131604

as well as a few of these:

04:10:50: CLRVector2::Tick() failed to invoked on managed instance: 0x80131604
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: Updating settings.
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: Can't read ircConnection.
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: Attempting to connect to IRC Server
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
04:10:50: at System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods.OSSOCK.recv(IntPtr socketHandle, Byte* pinnedBuffer, Int32 len, SocketFlags socketFlags)
04:10:50: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, SocketError& errorCode)
04:10:50: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
04:10:50: at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
04:10:50: at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
04:10:50: at YATCP.IRCListener.listenAndParse()
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: Attempting to reconnect to IRC Server

quasarinova

drathek said:
I was not able to get any chat to appear on my channel using the 64 bit version of this plugin (I have not tried 32 bit yet). I tried lowercase and upper case username, used the same irc key that I have been using for Desert Kharon IRC. Furthermore, my log is completely flooded with:

04:09:45: CLRVector2::Tick() failed to invoked on managed instance: 0x80131604

as well as a few of these:

04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: Updating settings.
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: Can't read ircConnection.
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: Attempting to connect to IRC Server
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
04:10:50: at System.Net.UnsafeNclNativeMethods.OSSOCK.recv(IntPtr socketHandle, Byte* pinnedBuffer, Int32 len, SocketFlags socketFlags)
04:10:50: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, SocketError& errorCode)
04:10:50: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
04:10:50: at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
04:10:50: at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
04:10:50: at YATCP.IRCListener.listenAndParse()
04:10:50: CLRHost:: YATCP: Attempting to reconnect to IRC Server
You're probably not using the clrhost.dlls in the package. The ones in the package are from the browser package and work. It won't invoke with the libraries from the CLRHost thread.