Question / Help Yamaha MG10XUF ASIO Driver Plugin compatability. No sound through.

Dj Fagan

Hi All.
I run OBS for my weekly show Djing on House Nation Live. I have always used a sound blaster THX external sound card. Last week for some unknown reason when I switched it all on to go live I could not see any audio coming through. I restarted, added a new sound device, rebuilt my scenes but still nothing. I pulled out of my show as I could not solve the issue in time. I have spent the last few days trying to come up with an answer and eventually found out that I may have to use a ASIO Plugin. I have also gone out and bought a new mixing desk, Yamaha MG10XUF, which acts as a sound card and is awesome. I plugged it all up and still the same. Nothing. I then downloaded the plugin for ASIO support which should have solved my issue giving me an ASIO tab with all the settings next to help. Still nothing. I checked the plugin compatability list to see if my unit was listed and it doesn't seem to be there. My next show is on Tuesday and I am struggling to solve this issue. I can't understand why the sound blaster card has worked fine for the last 2 years and all of a sudden has dropped out.. Please help.. I have attached last Tuesday's log file.... Regards DJ Fagan..

Attachments

• 2019-12-10 19-53-32.txt
    22.7 KB · Views: 46

carlmmii

Code:
19:53:33.843: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[Line-In/Mic-In (Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro)] Failed to get initialize audio client: 80070005
19:53:33.843: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device '{0.0.1.00000000}.{560382b8-acf3-4bb5-a484-c56b789d982f}' not found.  Waiting for device
19:53:33.845: [WASAPISource::TryInitialize]:[What U Hear (Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro)] Failed to get initialize audio client: 80070005
19:53:33.845: [WASAPISource::WASAPISource] Device '{0.0.1.00000000}.{6849fe1d-4cd2-4ea3-8f40-5ed496354a71}' not found.  Waiting for device

Looks like this is your issue.

Solved,

Went to Settings in Windows 10 - Privacy - Microphone (left menu) - "Allow apps to access your microphone" ON

Not sure if I turned it off or something turned it off like a windows update a while back.

12:38:33.723: WASAPI: Device 'Speakers (3- Razer Megalodon)' initialized
12:38:33.745: WASAPI: Device 'Microphone (3- AT2020USB+)' initialized

All sorted now,
I hope this helps someone in the future

Dj Fagan

OMG..... Just like that. I can see all sound from everything now. I hate you Windows update. ASIO plugin driver tab was in the right click on my add source and my old sound blaster card I re-installed also works fine now after correcting the mic permissions. One click and a few minutes to sort. Thankyou so much. That log file from Tuesday looks like it was so needed to just explain the answer straight away. Can't thank you enough. Legend....