X.265

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yea, 10bit is actually not a big deal. I actually really want to try it out, so expect it to happen eventually (if I ever manage to get some free time to really work on all the lower priority features, which is always difficult to justify signficiant time for)

Bensam123

Not that big of a deal... really want to try it out... eventually happen... low priority feature... difficult to justify... significant time...

A bit of inner turmoil Jim?

Muf

Forum Moderator
Implementing anything new into OBS1 right now will cause an inner turmoil, as it means less time spent developing OBS2 (OBS-studio), which is considered the future of OBS.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
What muf said is pretty much what's going on, I can't really work on what will eventually be deprecated code right now.

Also, I should probably try to be more specific, it's technically not too big of a deal because it basically just requires converting the video data before sending it in to x264, but it's a big enough deal to where I just can't really dedicate time to doing it. I do want it, and I will probably get it in at some point for sure (especially in OBS2 where I can just defer that video conversion to ffmpeg)

Alpha might be about a month, but honestly I can't really give out solid dates/times on it yet, time is still just a bit too fuzzy.

Bensam123

That's fine, was just curious about a ballpark. If you're like a month or two out and it's that easy, you could just implement it in the new client. It's not really that big where it'd warrant changing it in two code bases, just one of those cool curiosities.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
As far as I know, 10-bit x264 can't coexist with the regular encoder, so it would need a separate DLL and possibly a separate OBS executable to avoid random incompatibilities between the two.