Question / Help windows r2012 VPS

decimo

I have been streaming on a windows server 2012 VPS, but when I disconnect from it (remote desktop) it stops streaming, even though it is running when I reconnect to the VPS.

IS there an option in OBS that disallows it to stream while there is no active user?

edit: streaming to youtube

koala

OBS isn't designed to run on a VPS. It needs a physical GPU. The emulated GPU you get when you connect via rdp is removed by Windows as soon as you disconnect the rdp session, so OBS is unable to continue to stream. The emulated GPU is recreated as you reconnect via rdp, so you might think it's always present, but it isn't.

Its like the light in your refrigerator. You might think it's always on, because it's on whenever you open the fridge door. But it's switched off as soon as you close the door and relit if you reopen it.

decimo

OBS isn't designed to run on a VPS. It needs a physical GPU. The emulated GPU you get when you connect via rdp is removed by Windows as soon as you disconnect the rdp session, so OBS is unable to continue to stream. The emulated GPU is recreated as you reconnect via rdp, so you might think it's always present, but it isn't.

Its like the light in your refrigerator. You might think it's always on, because it's on whenever you open the fridge door. But it's switched off as soon as you close the door and relit if you reopen it.
so the VPS needs a GPU for OBS to function on it. I didn't know that.

FerretBomb

Is not there a solution to this problem?
And this software can not be used in obs
No. VPSes simply do not meet minimum requirements for OBS Studio, as they do not have a hardware GPU with support for the DX10.1 or OpenGL 3.3 hardware instruction set(s).
OBS isn't meant for automated headless use; it is not meant to be used as a video jukebox or 24/7 video stream provider. There are other pieces of software designed for that kind of thing.

Ghobar

No. VPSes simply do not meet minimum requirements for OBS Studio, as they do not have a hardware GPU with support for the DX10.1 or OpenGL 3.3 hardware instruction set(s).
OBS isn't meant for automated headless use; it is not meant to be used as a video jukebox or 24/7 video stream provider. There are other pieces of software designed for that kind of thing.
You can introduce an example of this software that is as simple and free as Obs
Thanks,