Windows 10 Recording Mic and Line at the same time natively.

bpvo

Currently the only way I have gotten this to work, is by setting "What U Hear" as the default audio device in windows, adding it and only it as an "Audio Input Capture" Source to the scenes in OBS, and controlling my mic, line in, and monitoring levels from the "Speakers Properties" dialog under the Windows Volume Mixer. This includes muting "Desktop Audio" in OBS, because "What U Hear" picks it up too. Oddly enough the "Play Control" slider only affects the output to my headphones.

If there is a way to get OBS to this natively I would sure love to hear it... if I get my levels tweaked and Stream Deck can mute them individually, I probably won't care at that point.

Audigy Rx sound card - sounds awesome, real-time monitoring, crystal clear recordings, 2 mic and one line input, but I have to do my mixing outside of OBS, because "Windows".

Tried adding Line IN and Mic separately to OBS and "Allowing Apps to take Control..." in Windows, but that would just force OBS draw a card out of Window's hat as to which one was active when OBS launches. Sometimes it would be the Mic, sometimes it would be the Line IN, and occasionally "What U Hear", but never any two... but they all play back at the speakers when not muted.

1596406632701.png

1596406596955.png