Question / Help Window Capture Quality

Razz2

I am using OBS on MacOS Mojave and I am seeing something with a window capture that I am hoping someone might be able to help with.
(This is for local recording only.)

I use OBS for a podcast, and the other person - my guest - comes in through Zoom as a window capture. Scenes include just me, just the guest, both of us and other combinations. The preview in OBS of the guest looks great, but on the recording while my video is very sharp the guest is not. I am not sure why the preview looks good but the recording is soft. For reference I am set at:

Base and Output 1920 x 1080
30 fps
NV12
Color Space 709
Color Range Partial

Recording is setup with some settings someone told me about long ago that I am sure are not the best, but with my video and the photos I show during recoding all looking good I have never changed it. It's just the Zoom window capture that's soft. My recording settings are:

Encoder: x264
Rate Control: CBR
Bitrate: 35000 Kbps
CPU Usage: VeryFast
Profile: Main
Tune: None

I saw this old post from 2015 and wondered if maybe using these settings would be better, or even if they are still correct. I also can't image that settings would only affect a window capture, so while I would like to update my settings to be in a better place resource wise, I don't this fixing the main issue.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...lity-recording-and-multiple-audio-tracks.221/

Rate Control: CRF
CRF: 15-25
CPU Usage: Superfast or Ultrafast

Any thoughts are very much appreciated. Thanks

Test Log Attached

Attachments

• 2019-10-22 00-28-41.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 64

Razz2

Also, does anyone have input on the overall local recording quality setting I listed above from the old post, or the ones I am using (also listed above)?