Question / Help Window Capture is Extremely Laggy When Using PS4 Remote Play

chuegi2

So when i run ps4 remote play everything is perfect, it runs smoothly and without any issues. Then I look at the preview in OBS and it is insanely choppy and laggy without streaming or recording. When i streamed it was also laggy on my screen as well as my friends trying to watch the stream. I have a macbook air form 2015 and i changed around pretty much everything from the resolution to the bitrate in all sorts of combinations. I have been trying to solve this issue for days and cant find a solution at all. I was wondering would using game capture be better? but when i tried that i couldn't get the ps4 remote play to show up. Any help is greatly appreciated.

chuegi2

the specs for my mac are:
Processor: 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
Built-in-Display: 1440x900

chuegi2

Here is the log file from when i tried streaming yesterday. I also have 100mbps Download and 5-6 mbps upload if that helps

Attachments

• 2018-08-20 12-09-26.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 187

Narcogen

Your internet connection cannot hold your bitrate in a stable manner.

12:10:50.590: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 198 (9.4%)

Also, version 22.0.1 is out.

chuegi2

Your internet connection cannot hold your bitrate in a stable manner.

12:10:50.590: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 198 (9.4%)

Also, version 22.0.1 is out.
Okay sweet what would you recommend my bitrate be at?

Narcogen

Well you're dropping 10% of frames, so you could start by dropping your bitrate by 10% or so. There are no ideal settings, the best method is trial and error. On Windows I would suggest Twitch Tester, but there's no version of that as a standalone app for MacOS.

What you can do is create a new Profile and then run the Auto Configuration Wizard. It will test your connection to various Twitch servers and give you a suggested best ingest server and a bitrate. Start with that.