Whoops, OBS has crashed!

Basten

Hello, today after running OBS I got a message "Whoops, OBS has crashed!". Crash logs attached. Drivers updated. I will be really appreciate if you help me as soon as possible C:

Attachments

• Crash 2021-04-11 20-24-03.txt
    71.3 KB · Views: 245

janke

*sorry for my english*
I was having this problem a few days before. None of the solutions have worked for me. Although I figured out a solution which worked partly for me.
1. Uninstall OBS, but don't check the option, where you can delete user settings.
2. Go into %appdata% and change name of the "obs-studio" folder to e.g. "obs-studio1".
3. Then install OBS again.
Now you should have your OBS running smooth, but it will be returned to default settings (as you would uninstall it with the option to delete user settings). It is because OBS had to create new "obs-studio" folder in %appdata%.
Now you have folder "obs-studio" and "obs-studio1". In my case I was checking what caused the crash by copying single files from "obs-studio1" to "obs-studio". It came out that my active scenes (scenes.json) was causing the crash.
That's why this solution was not so great for me, because I had to make all the scenes again. Fortunately I had some backups.

I hope it will help somebody.

JoeSalmi

janke's solution worked for me, however I wonder if I could have just deleted the log files and the Crash files and it would have worked... It's reading a bad file somewhere in the *\ obs-studio\ folder. Someone after me try deleting those log files and let us know if it loads again.