Whole PC freeze while streaming sometimes

Hafin

This happens 5 out 10 times while streaming CS:GO and it happend also while streaming Visage. It is not 100% guaranteed, that it will happen, but most probably it will. No other game it causes. Most commonly it freezes whole PC, but sometimes it freezes only the OBS itself.

I am streaming with NVENC on RTX 3070 with Ryzen 9 5900x, 32GB RAM. I have two monitors 27' one 180Hz the next one 144hz. In past I had both 144hz and it was already while this was happening.

Attachments

• 2021-11-14 15-12-07.txt
    127.3 KB · Views: 109

qhobbes

1. The new Windows 10 Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") added with version 2004 is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's a new and experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. One of your audio devices has a sample rate that doesn't match the rest. This can result in audio drift over time or sound distortion. Check your audio devices in Windows settings (both Playback and Recording) and ensure the Default Format (under Advanced) is consistent. 48000 Hz is recommended.
OBS Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
CABLE Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable): 44100 Hz
Reproduktory (3 - Realtek(R) Audio): 48000 Hz
3. Set the OBS FPS to 60.
4. Uncheck the box for Psycho Visual Tuning.
5. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
6. Your output FPS, source FPS (cap your games) and refresh rate should be multiples of each other. 60/180/180 should be fine but don't try 60/144/144.

Hafin

Woah! So.. I observed the nrw settings for quite a long time and since I turned off HAGS the issue just disappeared! What a MIRACLE my dude! BUT I must say, that i did notice stuttering sometimes in the games for a while (Very rare), but it happens. So it did fix my issue and since then, my pc have never freeze to this day! Thanks my dude!