Question / Help What is the difference between preset: Max performance vs quality?

bprakash034

Hello guys,

I am new to streaming and i am using OBS for streaming on youtube. I have a gaming laptop with following specifications:

Processor: Core i7 7700hq
Ram: 16gb DDR4 2400MHz Dual channel
GPU: GTX 1050 2GB
Storage: M.2 240gb + 1TB HDD 5400 rpm

I am able to run most of the games with good quality and 60+ fps. I decided to start streaming and i have attached an extra 24" monitor using HDMI to my laptop. I have configured obs and i used this forum a lot to tweak everything, i think i have done most of the things right but i still feel that my stream quality is a bit pixelated and not too great. Even though i tried streaming PUBG PC Lite which does not even require a lot of resources, it still feels very low quality on stream. I play other games like CSGO and GTA V. I have tried changing the graphics settings but it still feels that i could do better in terms of quality.

My network is not the best but i get consistent 25Mbps download and upload which I believe is pretty good for streaming in 720p.

I am including a link of my stream which i have done here for your reference if somebody wants to watch it. On mobile devices it looks OKAY but i am sure i can do better. I understand that i have a laptop and that makes a difference at the end of the day but i would really appreciate some tips or tweaks regarding quality and also the main question, which preset would be the best for me and also suggest other settings to make a good quality stream.

Thank you very much for reading and sorry for the long post, have a nice day :)

Log file for reference: https://obsproject.com/logs/PoFOCVXLH2uKZBVO
Stream link(check channel videos for more streams if you wish to watch for reference): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqxOxGDqXeA

Network speedtest:

network.JPG

eliteproxy

Apparently, "Max Quality" is the highest encoder setting (most resource intensive), all of the rest go down in performance and system load as you go further down the list.

Found the answer here: