What is better for live music streaming

leet4leet

Hello!
I have a question about what system to build for streaming live music and concerts (NOT GAMES) in 4k.
There is an assumption that Ryzen 3400G/9400F will do for this task, but maybe I'm wrong. An external capture card may be needed or not?
How much CPU loaded in those scenarios? How much RAM i need, do i need expensive GPU or not?
I wanted to ask here which is better and which system to choose for this task. Probably there are those who are engaged in streaming live music and concerts
This PC will constantly move with me from one concert to another
Of course, I would like to spend as little money as possible but not lose streaming quality.
Hope i ask this in the right way. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 274374

You need:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1660 (for the great improvement NVENC encoder has in the Turing architecture, ideal for streaming) (1650 no!)
RAM: 16 GB in 2x8 (dual channel)
SSD: Crucial BX500 or ADATA

OBS: Encoder: NVIDIA NVENC (new)

You don't need external capture card.

Lawrence_SoCal

How many 4K video inputs? what type of cameras? Camera video feed transport - HDMI, USB, NDI, SDI, or ???
What color space? framerate?
Answers to the above will make a difference
Beware laptops and even mini PCs with inadequate cooling (thermal throttling)
Then there is the question of plugins/effects/filters you plan to use.... some are quite CPU intensive.
Video capture, in decent quality, in typical concert setting, will most likely require spending more on the camera than the computer, as low-light capture will be critical, and a quality lens and sensor aren't cheap.

And then when it comes to video quality of a live stream, a critical component will be your internet connection. ideally, you will have a QoS controlled wired Ethernet connection. If using you own cellular connection, then beware that MANY others may be using same cellular provider, and actual available bandwidth may be a LOT less than you typically experience when testing outside a densely packed environment (ie things will change when crowd arrives if using any common wireless technology (BlueTooth, WiFi, cellular, etc).