Question / Help Weired Upload behavior

L1feLight

I'm having Problems with streaming to Twitch.
Everytime i stream my Upload is fine for a while, and at some Point it Just Drops to 0 for aproximately 10 Seconds.
When the Upload is Back it jumps Back to the Upload Speed it's supposed to have.

The weired Thing about this is that im not getting any lag while the Upload is dropping. i can even do a Upload Speed Test during that Phase with perfectely fine results.

My Upload Speed is 15 mBits.
Im connected by cable.

What i tried:

-Lowering the biterate: I tried everything from 2500-6000 and the same behavior occures.

-Trying a different encoder

-Changing the Twitch Servers

-Going from Streamlabs OBS to OBS Studio

-Activating:"New networking Code"

I dont have anymore ideas that i could try so im asking here now.

Last edited:

L1feLight

This is what happens if i enable the new dynamic biterate.

Attachments

• Twitch-Inspector.PNG
    Twitch-Inspector.PNG
    21.5 KB · Views: 27

Narcogen

You are asking for help with a piece of software that is not OBS. So you should ask the people who support that software, StreamLabs, for help with StreamLabs OBS, which is StreamLabs software. This is OBS. We are not StreamLabs.

L1feLight

You are asking for help with a piece of software that is not OBS. So you should ask the people who support that software, StreamLabs, for help with StreamLabs OBS, which is StreamLabs software. This is OBS. We are not StreamLabs.
I switched to OBS Studio, which im currently useing so im trying to get help here

BluePeer

log still required but this sounds for me like a simple ISP Error in routing your data
if it worked for long time and you have nothing really nothing changed (windows update...)

Errors in Routing's from ISP are daily issues that can hold for hours or weeks
do a LONG test with https://r1ch.net/projects/twitchtest and check out the quallity and select one with the best quallity results
mostly the errors in ISP network on the exit points and you can have luck that you find another problem free route
if you are on the bad site of life then the error is in your local area (over used cable) then you have no chance but you see it on the results if all with bad quality

but we need still a OBS stream included log file

L1feLight

log still required but this sounds for me like a simple ISP Error in routing your data
if it worked for long time and you have nothing really nothing changed (windows update...)

Errors in Routing's from ISP are daily issues that can hold for hours or weeks
do a LONG test with https://r1ch.net/projects/twitchtest and check out the quallity and select one with the best quallity results
mostly the errors in ISP network on the exit points and you can have luck that you find another problem free route
if you are on the bad site of life then the error is in your local area (over used cable) then you have no chance but you see it on the results if all with bad quality

but we need still a OBS stream included log file

https://obsproject.com/logs/Ws91qF0gIQbxP9Nm
In this Log you cant see the upload dropping to 0 but maybe it still helps
Im going to send a log with it dropping to 0 when i get one :)

Narcogen

I would turn off dynamic bitrate and run a test and upload that log. I'm pretty sure your ISP is dropping your packets, but since OBS is compensating by dropping the bitrate in response, the log does not report those frames as dropped.