Question / Help Weird interaction between obs-studio and bluez

fap

Not sure this is the right place to ask but I figured maybe someone else had this kind of things ... Sometimes Bluetooth feels like black magic !

My Problem

Whenever I use obs-studio while gaming, bluetooth starts to behave very strangely. It works straight off the bat but after variable amount of time, typically 5-15 mins it appears as if obs-studio gained exclusivity over my bluetooth headset and I cannot hear the output anymore myself. In obs-studio, everything is fine and sound output is still being recorded. This glitched mode is then doomed until kernel restart.

More Details

I tried different level of solutions to at least undo the glitch including killing and restarting sound server, the obs-studio application, and reloading bluetooth service. If I can get sound output just fine out of the speakers again, I cannot reconnect (and sometimes even disconnect) the bluetooth headset. Simple reboot and it's like nothing happened. Not a very big issue but it's annoying that I cannot have a better workaround than a reboot.

Am I missing something there ?

mahy

i ve started a thread today, i think it is the same issue .. but i am no too sure... is it ? have you found a solution since ?