arnasmeskus

I'm using OBS with a new Webcam I just got (DUXO WebCam-x13 1080p USB). I started a new scene and my face was very white/bright so obviously I need to change my exposure settings. So I go and right click on my webcam source and go to Properties and then I click 'Configure Video'. The 'Properties' window pops up and I can change most of the settings in 'Video Proc Amp' and it will display the changes in my webcam preview. But when I go to the second tab called 'Camera Control' the only setting I can change in there is the Exposure setting (which is what I need to change). I uncheck the box for Auto and I slide the bar to the left and right but nothing happens to my webcam. The default for Exposure is set to -4 with the box checked for Auto. Even if I uncheck the box, change the slider, hit Apply, and then OK and then I go back and click Configure Video, the settings for the Video Proc Amptab and Camera control setting won't even save even though it doesn't even change on my webcam. The box is still checked and the slider bar is still on -4.

This webcam doesn't come with software. I think its the camera's properties that are the problem and aren't adjusting the exposure.

Any help?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 752
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 739

lofihap

Have you check device manager or searched for any drivers/software related to your camera model? You can always try to uninstall the camera and reinstall.

Quick Tip - I always recommend just creating a LUT to color grade your camera. It just makes it easier if you are always filming in the same setting/lighting. You wont have to make adjustments to the settings all the time. If you aren't sure how, I can explain more.

arnasmeskus

Have you check device manager or searched for any drivers/software related to your camera model? You can always try to uninstall the camera and reinstall.

Quick Tip - I always recommend just creating a LUT to color grade your camera. It just makes it easier if you are always filming in the same setting/lighting. You wont have to make adjustments to the settings all the time. If you aren't sure how, I can explain more.
Yes, i did everthing checked.

Creating a LUT is kinda not working for me but it's a close looking normal.

arnasmeskus

But the exposure is still there - annoying me

lofihap

But the exposure is still there - annoying me

You may not want to - but you could also attempt to reinstall OBS and the Camera all together. I had an issue with OBS at one point that I made some changes, and had to remove and doing a full reinstall resolved it.

Solo W

I have the same issue, but it's on and off. Sometimes I can adjust the exposure, but sometimes it does nothing. Rebooting does not always fix it, unplugging and replugging does not fix it either. And sometimes it will be fine for days, then suddenly I can't adjust it anymore. Later the same day the problem is fixed. It's quite annoying when it happens. Especially since I depend on natural light (will get that fixed shortly).