was making a new profile for recording only, went to delete and extra i had made and it deleted my main scene??

exactly what the title says. i was making a new profile for recording only instead of streaming, and not only did it not make a new profile, but it also copied over ALL my scenes from my streaming profile. when i went to delete the test profile because it didn't do what i wanted (start a new profile with nothing on it so i could set it up specifically for recording) it DELETED my main scene! so now i have to set up my main scene ALL over again! can it be recovered? if not, why the heck did this happen??? why can't i make a new profile with nothing on it? i've done it before so i know it's possible.

Attachments

• 5-8-2024 obs log.txt
    159.6 KB · Views: 2

koala

A profile doesn't contain your scenes and sources. It contains the whole configuration except scenes and sources.. Scenes and sources are managed separately through Scene collections. So if you create a new profile, there is no change to the existing scenes and sources. If you now start deleting a scene or a source, you're deleting your original scene and source.

Look into the Scene Collection menu. It's similar to the Profile menu, just for managing your scenes and sources as a whole.

If you didn't make a backup or export your scenes and sources before deleting stuff, the stuff you deleted is gone.

A profile doesn't contain your scenes and sources. It contains the whole configuration except scenes and sources.. Scenes and sources are managed separately through Scene collections. So if you create a new profile, there is no change to the existing scenes and sources. If you now start deleting a scene or a source, you're deleting your original scene and source.

Look into the Scene Collection menu. It's similar to the Profile menu, just for managing your scenes and sources as a whole.

If you didn't make a backup or export your scenes and sources before deleting stuff, the stuff you deleted is gone.
why would that not be the other way around? because to me, having a separate profile makes way more sense than just having a different list of different scenes??? where is the logic in that??

but also, i didn't delete the scene. i deleted the profile, and the scene vanished. i didn't touch my scene list AT ALL.