VST plugins unusable

btechs

I'm trying to use VST plugins in OBS, no luck, I've tried the ReaPlugs which are supposed to be the plugins that OBS VST code is tested with, no luck.
I add the plugin to the audio source, open the plugins interface, it works the first time, right after plugin installation, but then it crashes. After that, every time I try to access the plugins own interface OBS crashes flat out. With Youlean Loudness Meter it gets so bad that I have to uninstall the plugins to be able to get OBS running again.
All the plugins I've tried are 64 bit running on a 64 bit OBS (25.0.8) on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (1903).
Also the only lines I could find in the logs related to anything VST are the ones bellow, usually the second one does not appear:
21:34:04.688: User added filter 'VST 2.x Plug-in' (vst_filter) to source 'Blackmagic Device' 21:34:09.707: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 92 milliseconds (source: Blackmagic Device)
And although I've tried many time only one crash dump exists which judging by its timestamp has nothing to do with the VST crashes.
Is there anything I'm missing here? Anything I can do to change this behavior? Is VST support so bad at this point that it's practically unusable?

Thanks.

btechs

Update:
This happens only on the BlackMagicDesign input, VSTs on other type of source seem to work just fine. So VST plugins are usable just not on that type of input on my configuration.
Has anyone any experience with this?

Thanks.