Question / Help VLC Video Source missing

cableguy103

When I go to add a video source the "VLC Video Source" option is missing. I have tried a couple of different versions of OBS and different versions of VLC with no luck. What am I missing to be able to pick the VLC source.

I am trying to capture and stream a RTSP stream.

Thanks

Attachments

• VLC Missing.png
    VLC Missing.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,702

cableguy103

VLC is already installed. I have the latest version 3.0.6 installed. I did have VLC version 2.5.0 installed previously.

koala

Make sure the bitness (32 or 64 bit) of vlc and OBS is the same. If you use the 64-bit version of OBS, you have to have the 64-bit version of VLC installed.

cableguy103

Make sure the bitness (32 or 64 bit) of vlc and OBS is the same. If you use the 64-bit version of OBS, you have to have the 64-bit version of VLC installed.

Ding Ding Chicken Dinner it was a version issue. I had OBS 64 bit and VLC 32 bit. I didn't even think about looking at that.

Thanks for the help.

iMark77

If you are a Mac user and run into this problem and since this is the thread I ran acrossed looking to solve the same problem. I Noticed that VLC video source was not listed on my system. In case anybody else runs into this apparently OBS is checking the root /Application directly for VLC and giving up. Which is fine if you don't have it installed but if you do happen to have it installed in say /Applications/-Apps/AV/VLC.app like I do all it took was a symbolic link to redirect and I was up and running.

In case you don't want to move your applications around.
Terminal command.
cd /Applications
ln -s /Applications/-Apps/AV/VLC.app