Question / Help VLC Source playlist not playing all shuffled mp4 videos

waznitch

Hi,

I have noticed on our obs that the playlist shuffle playing 1 folder of 100+ videos does not seem to play the videos in the upper 50 - 100. Once in 6 months we have seen it play a video above say 50.

We have them numbered 01 to 100.mp4

Any suggestions? We re set to loop, shuffle, resume from last stop.

Could splitting videos into several playlist folders help?

Thanks.

Sukiyucky

What maybe happening is that when VLC opens the playlist and iterates over the files, it stops on a file that has errors and doesn't continue. Check VLC player Tools | Messages to see if it can point you to the file that is causing problems.

waznitch

What maybe happening is that when VLC opens the playlist and iterates over the files, it stops on a file that has errors and doesn't continue. Check VLC player Tools | Messages to see if it can point you to the file that is causing problems.

Thankyou, I will run them all via a validation tool :)

nbc4292

Bump. I'm facing the same issue trying to shuffle a YouTube playlist using VLC. Anyone figure this out?

GelmoSan

@waznitch @nbc4292 Exeldro's new update to Directory Watch Media adds a Refresh hotkey. The Refresh hotkey will re-save the VLC Video Source properties, which will re-shuffle the playlist if you have Shuffle enabled. To do so, install Directory Watch Media - https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/directory-watch-media.801/ - Add that as an Effect Filter to the VLC Video Source (no need to adjust the settings there). Then go to Settings > Hotkeys and create a Hotkey for Refresh, which will be part of the VLC Video Source section. Now, whenever you press that Refresh hotkey, the playlist will be re-shuffled.