Virtual Camera (v4l2loopback) on Ubuntu 20.04 VM: installation failure

ramifaso

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/9QuPtSaZxfnjncVj

Hello! I've installed the v4l2loopback module as instructed using `sudo apt -y install v4l2loopback-dkms v4l2loopback-utils linux-modules-extra-$(uname -r)` (from this link) to set up OBS' virtual camera. I've also run the `sudo modprobe v4l2loopback` command. Depending on the command I install v4l2loopback with, I either receive no error, or the following error upon modprobe:
Code:
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'v4l2loopback': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
I've tried installing the virtual camera on the OBS ppa version, the snap version, and the Flatpak version. All of them result in the Start Virtual Camera button appearing in the controls, but with no response after clicking on it. The button doesn't turn into Stop Virtual Camera as expected, and no virtual cameras appear in my camera selection menus in any software.

I've seen suggestions to disable Secure Boot, but any attempts to do so result in a `EFI variables are not supported on this system` error, and I don't know how to go into BIOS to disable it because I'm using a DigitalOcean Ubuntu droplet (virtual machine).

I think I've scoured the Internet for any possible fix to this, but wasn't successful - I'm also a Ubuntu noob, so don't really know what the problem is in principle here. I would really love any suggestions on how to get this working!