Virtual Cam Filter

Virtual Cam Filter 0.0.6

SkeeveAN

Exeldro submitted a new resource:

Virtual Cam Filter - adds a filter to output sources to the build in virtual camera

Read more about this resource...
What is the different to the other plugin?

This one has the same features and was build in by OBS (but just the 1st way).
I use the linked plugin and I can add a filter to any scene to show it by obs virtual cam in Discord / etc.

Krayn

Noticed two things with this plugin:
- the output resolution of the virtual camera with this plugin is the canvas resolution not the output resolution of OBS
- CPU usage goes up from 1-2% to 6+% which seems a lot (even if i set my canvas resolution to be the same as the output resolution) (this increased CPU usage stays even if the filter output is disabled)

Last edited:

jamienemeth

Great work!

In my case, though, it's the render time that gets hammered.

No virtual cameras: CPU 7%, around 3 ms to render frame
OBS virtual camera (not the plugin): CPU 7%, around 3 ms to render frame
This plugin (applied to scene, maybe this is why?): CPU 13%, around 13 ms to render frame

This occurs whether the filter is visible or not in the scene, and affects the render time for all other scenes, even when the scene containing the filter is not active / visible / not being used as a nested scene. The only way to get back to 3 ms / frame is to remove the filter from the scene.

It's a bit better if applied to a source only (not a scene): CPU 11%, around 5 ms to render frame.

I don't know if this is something that can be fixed, or if it is just inherent to the way it works / needs to work?

Kenq

This plugin is great and works nicely! Thanks for your hard work!
Just wondering if there is any plan to support output different sources to different virtual cameras?

OBN

Is there a way to use the plugin portably? I don't have admin permissions to install and I use OBS portably as well.
Thanks!

obsbin

Any Mac user also using this? This doesn't work for me. My OBS is the latest (27.0.1). I just downloaded this filter, so everything should be up to date. But this filter isn't working for me. Toggling the eye doesn't turn it on. But the other way of turning on the virtual camera works.

hmeneses

Hello, i'm having issues with newest obs RC, if i add the plugin to my camera source, and then restart, obs ui doesn't came up, but the process is started, i have had to manually kill obs and delete the plugin from my json scene collection to be able to start OBS 27.1RC

enipklacus

Hey. Don't know if it is something about Bodhi Linux, but I can't get the plugin to work.
Installation: I drop the 'virtual-cam' folder on the 'plugins' folder in obs-studio.
The plugin doesn't show on Tools and when I add it as filter on a source, it says "no properties".
Also, when I open the files (".so" and the ".ini"), there is no info or code.

PS: The plugin works very, very, VERY finely on Windows. Just having this brainer on Bodhi.

Attachments

• shot-2021-10-27_22-19-45.jpg
    shot-2021-10-27_22-19-45.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 46
  • shot-2021-10-27_22-20-49.jpg
    shot-2021-10-27_22-20-49.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 47

Talonis

Any Mac user also using this? This doesn't work for me. My OBS is the latest (27.0.1). I just downloaded this filter, so everything should be up to date. But this filter isn't working for me. Toggling the eye doesn't turn it on. But the other way of turning on the virtual camera works.

Same here latest OBS, latest MacOS but the filter isn't working.

With this plugin installed, the "Start Virtual Camera" button in OBS is also not working/disabled (for anything). I have to remove the plugin to re-enable the "Start Virtual Camera" button.

Trenaldi

Great plugin.

I have noticed that if I have the filter enabled on a source and try to change scene collections or quit OBS, that will cause OBS to crash. Remembering to turn it off every time isn't the end of the world, but that's my bug report for a cool plugin.

A log from a crash on quit included.

Attachments

• CrashOnQuitLog.txt
    149.5 KB · Views: 28