Virtual Cam Filter

Virtual Cam Filter 0.0.6

3xplative

Same here latest OBS, latest MacOS but the filter isn't working.

With this plugin installed, the "Start Virtual Camera" button in OBS is also not working/disabled (for anything). I have to remove the plugin to re-enable the "Start Virtual Camera" button.

Also the same for me.

kassenpatient

@kassenpatient can you provide me an OBS log file to check if it shows in what part it fails?

Thank you for the offer. I'm happy to send the logs and the error report after the crash, but I can't copy them into the private message because they're too big. Do you have an email address or an alternative? Thank you in advance, joerg

Trenaldi

I updated to the new version to test the fix. Fixes the crash on exit for me, as advertised.

Still crashes if the scene collection is changed while the filter is active.
Unfortunately, this scene collection switch crash does so silently, leaving no crash log. App just closes. Oh well.

I can still *provoke* a crash on exit when the filter is active if I don't give OBS time to initialize everything it needs to before exiting, but that's not really a bug as much as me trying to test too quickly.

Ozzoy

The above is also true to me.
Changing scene collections with a filter enable crashes OBS with no option to get the log.
Great filter, it would be great to get this issue fixed.
Thanks for the great work.

PacMain

I hope that this one continues to grow! It's nice seeing that it is active here!

Here's a good video coverage I assume you already know, but it's a great video!

Tinker Troy

Been fighting OBS crashes for a while. Finally tracked it down to this plugin. Just updated to 27.2 and version 0.0.5 of this plugin. Haven't tried 27.2.1 yet.

Unzip virtual cam filter into OBS folder.
Launch OBS, add filter to scene. Crash.
Re-launch OBS, shut down. No crash.
Re-launch OBS, try to switch scene collection. Crash.
Re-launch OBS, disable filter, switch scene collection. No problem. Switch back.
Enable virtual cam filter, shut down OBS. Crash.

PS: Another problem I was having with OBS 27.1, is that global.ini was not being updated, which was very frustrating. I think it's related, but totally forgot to test and I'm too lazy to go back down to the studio tonight.

Awesome filter, hope all this help to make it more usable.

Thanks!

RaidenCham

I enabled the filter and it worked fine, but now after closing obs with the filter still on, every time I try to open obs back up it just crashes and the only way to fix it is by uninstalling the plugin. Is there a fix for this?

Triton707

Hi
I've just updated the filter to the new version but it still has the same problem as before.
OBS straight up crash if you exit it without disabling the filter and it will also crash on startup next time, the only way to fix this was to uninstall the plugin.
On top of that with the new 27.2.1 version of obs, when I try to enable the filter, my camera source freeze and after a couple of seconds OBS starts to behave wierdly and then it crash.

ExtraBulla

Hi
I've just updated the filter to the new version but it still has the same problem as before.
OBS straight up crash if you exit it without disabling the filter and it will also crash on startup next time, the only way to fix this was to uninstall the plugin.
On top of that with the new 27.2.1 version of obs, when I try to enable the filter, my camera source freeze and after a couple of seconds OBS starts to behave wierdly and then it crash.
Same here. I totally uninstalled OBS, installed OBS 27.2.1, installed Virtual Camera filter, enabled it to a scene, and it crashed on exit. Then when I tried to re-open OBS, I got a "not responding" prompt.

Reliquiae

I seem to be encountering issues with the plugin. Every time I run the filter (clicking ok after selecting it), OBS will crash. I would then have to delete the plugin files, launch OBS, and only then would I be able to delete the filter. Otherwise, the program will just continuously crash if I keep the plugin installed and the filter activated. Edit: Probably the same issue with Extra, Triton, and Raiden. I've tried the 0.0.5 and 0.0.4 of the plugin and they both cause OBS 27.2.1 to crash.

g3n3ralman

Recently I download the 0.05 windows version. Each time I add this filter, the capture area froze and OBS can't load others scene. I need to force close OBS. Anyone else has this problem?

Suaff

It doesn’t work on Mac M1. Scene and Source filter. is it fine with Intel Macs? Any update for ARM macs? Is it possible to compile for ARM?

Thanks