View Preview on two Screens

DerGaertner

Hello everyone,
I'm new to OBS and to the Forum. I'm using OBS not for streaming, but for Live Projection. My Setup is as following:
Sony A7II Camera with HDMI to a CaptureCard, filming my Greenscreen, OBS running on a Lenovo Yoga, and two Panasonic Beamer, connected with two normal HDMI out, projecting my Image to a Wall. It works so far, but I could not manage to get a Output in Imagemode, by right clicking on my Image and choosing Preview (Window) and then dragging it over the two Screens. The issue now is, that I can see the classical Windowframe. Is there a way to get a preview in fullscreen over two Screens? I can only choose one. Or do you now another work around, that could solve my problem? Many thanks in advance
DerGaertner

Attachments

• photo_2020-07-11_11-42-45.jpg
    photo_2020-07-11_11-42-45.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 121

carlmmii

You can do a workaround...

Create a new group, duplicate whatever it is that you're needing to preview, place that into the new group. Then, preview that group in fullscreen to the other monitor. You should also be able to hide the group within the sources (the eye button) if you don't want it shown for the main OBS composite.

If that doesn't work for whatever reason, then you should also be able to create a new scene that includes the sources you want shown, and preview that scene. You just also have to make sure that every source you include in there is set to display when hidden.

Last edited:

DerGaertner

Thanks for the reply, but that is not, what I meant. I want everything, including all my changing scenes, to be viewed on two projectors, one showing the left half of my image and one showing the right half of my image. If I choose preview in fullscreen I only can use one projector at a time. That means, whatever I see in my preview in OBS, I also see spread over two projectors. But I am trying to get rid of the frame.

carlmmii

Ah, yeah... in that case, the only possible ways with just one OBS instance would be to either have a way to combine your two projectors into one virtual monitor (kind of like Nvidia surround, but only for 2 monitors of the group), or to get the preview window to be resized perfectly outside the monitor boundaries so that the header/sides don't exist within the monitor space (which can be done, but the only way I really know how to do that is with AHK).

There is another stupid option for a workaround...

Use NDI, and 2 extra portable instances of OBS. In your main OBS, start the NDI output. In one portable instance, include the NDI source, crop to the left side, and project the preview to one projector. Do the same for the 2nd instance, but with the right side.