Videos come out choppy and laggy.

pulk

I recently watched a short tutorial on how to optimize my PC, and I'm afraid it's done something like reducing the amount of CPU OBS an use. I can't find a way to fix it so I've come here. The longer the video is, the laggier it becomes, so short videos (around 5 seconds) are perfectly smooth.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-7K18D1K
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU C7V99US#ABA
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3392 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard K01 v02.05, 5/7/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Product 3397
BaseBoard Version Not Available
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.3636"
User Name DESKTOP-7K18D1K\Anthony
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 20.2 GB
Total Virtual Memory 79.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 65.8 GB
Page File Space 48.0 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

qhobbes

1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature in Windows is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. In Windows, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
3. OBS is not running as Administrator. Because of this, OBS will not be able to Game Capture certain games, and it will not be able to request a higher GPU priority for itself -- which is the likely cause of the render lag you are currently experincing. Run OBS as Administrator to help alleviate this problem. To tun OBS as Administrator, right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
4. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Limited".
5. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode (Scene: Lethal Company).
6. Tools > Auto-Configuration Wizard > Let that run, then close and restart as OBS as Admin.

If still having issues after making those changes, post new log.

pulk

1. The Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling ("HAGS") feature in Windows is currently known to cause performance and capture issues with OBS, games and overlay tools. It's an experimental feature and we recommend disabling it via these instructions.
2. In Windows, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
3. OBS is not running as Administrator. Because of this, OBS will not be able to Game Capture certain games, and it will not be able to request a higher GPU priority for itself -- which is the likely cause of the render lag you are currently experincing. Run OBS as Administrator to help alleviate this problem. To tun OBS as Administrator, right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
4. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Limited".
5. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode (Scene: Lethal Company).
6. Tools > Auto-Configuration Wizard > Let that run, then close and restart as OBS as Admin.

After following these steps my videos no longer lag like before. Thank you very much with solving my issue. The stuttering frames were very annoying and I thought I was screwed. I've looked over other posts on these forms and saw you solving problems, so I'm glad I was lucky enough for you to respond.

pulk

I've just come across a second issue, and it's that videos made after following this process are untrimable and infinitely long. Is there a way to fix or change this?

Image attached

Attachments

• 1711509245360.png
    1711509245360.png
    23.8 KB · Views: 7