Videos are untrimmable

pulk

I'm able to use outside sources, but after reinstalling OBS and doing some things I was recommended I am unable to trim my videos using the video software.

https://obsproject.com/logs/IFQsHzohdtecxa2Z

1711571878347.png

rockbottom

Your hardware is too old for v30.1.1. I would rollback to the latest v27. At least you should be able to use your iGPU again.

pulk

Your hardware is too old for v30.1.1. I would rollback to the latest v27. At least you should be able to use your iGPU again.
Sorry for the late response, After reverting my version, I came across the issue I faced here. it makes the frames of my video unbearably choppy and unusable. Are there any other solutions?

Lawrence_SoCal

That CPU is ancient (10/11 generations), and under-powered for real-time video encoding, and a GPU that does NOT support encoding offload from CPU (no NVENC). And 60fps.... ??
The real solution is more appropriate hardware (much newer CPU and/or GPU with encode offload built-in).
Doable at 30fps, with a LOT of care and attention to optimizing both Operating System and OBS Studio, with LOTS of limitations/caveats.

Do you have access to a NVidia GPU with NVENC, like the 1050? if yes, that should really help, though you will still be really CPU limited with only 2c/4t. see https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new
If you can get GPU encode offload, AND you optimize the Operating System, AND the hardware resource load (especially CPU, but RAM, Disk I/O, etc) are such that there is room (resources for both OBS Studio and whatever you are doing on system), then maybe. For example, if you are gaming or somethign else that is already tasking to CPU, then adding really demanding real-time video compositing on top... not likely to work

And, make sure Disk I/O can keep up. a HDD may be a bottleneck... depends

pulk

That CPU is ancient (10/11 generations), and under-powered for real-time video encoding, and a GPU that does NOT support encoding offload from CPU (no NVENC). And 60fps.... ??
The real solution is more appropriate hardware (much newer CPU and/or GPU with encode offload built-in).
Doable at 30fps, with a LOT of care and attention to optimizing both Operating System and OBS Studio, with LOTS of limitations/caveats.

Do you have access to a NVidia GPU with NVENC, like the 1050? if yes, that should really help, though you will still be really CPU limited with only 2c/4t. see https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new
If you can get GPU encode offload, AND you optimize the Operating System, AND the hardware resource load (especially CPU, but RAM, Disk I/O, etc) are such that there is room (resources for both OBS Studio and whatever you are doing on system), then maybe. For example, if you are gaming or somethign else that is already tasking to CPU, then adding really demanding real-time video compositing on top... not likely to work

And, make sure Disk I/O can keep up. a HDD may be a bottleneck... depends
In the past I've been able to record at this exact quality, but after watching an optimization video and adjusting accordingly, obs has been acting like this. It's come across as strange to me and I was wondering if there was any program that I could use that would let me make my videos normal again (I'm curious about this since online websites seem to be able to do it, but it's usually way too slow to upload), or if there was a way to reverse this change that has happened.

Suslik V

Back to the roots.
On provided screenshot (as I see it): 256204778:48:05 is about 29247 years of video that itself is not possible, because OBS developed only few yeas ago. Your video editor not able to process videos that longer than some (huge) amount of encoded chunks (probably mistakes in the editor in part how it handles conversions between unsigned and signed integers or 32-bit limits of the program, or even something else broken in your editor). You need new video editor.

Lawrence_SoCal

In the past I've been able to record at this exact quality, but after watching an optimization video and adjusting accordingly, obs has been acting like this.
There are plenty of optimization videos made by people looking for views (clickbait style) who fail to explain their assumptions, context and caveats ... so no way for us to know if your 'adjustments' helped or hurt (ie appropriate for you, your PC, its OS settings, and background process workload)

Also, operating system updates, driver updates, etc (including security vulnerability patches which sometimes can lower performance) can all impact a system. Are newly installed applications using more resources (like modern browsers)? So, if you system was on the edge of overload before, it would be easy for normal changes over time to change exactly where that threshold is. And then there is the risk seen for decades of typical desktop users following poor security practices (running as admin, etc) that can lead to system compromise/malware, etc. just saying that there are LOTS of reason why something that used to work, doesn't now... and that means that fixing the issue isn't always quick/easy, especially if you weren't doing real-time hardware resource utilization monitoring before and after

pulk

There are plenty of optimization videos made by people looking for views (clickbait style) who fail to explain their assumptions, context and caveats ... so no way for us to know if your 'adjustments' helped or hurt (ie appropriate for you, your PC, its OS settings, and background process workload)

Also, operating system updates, driver updates, etc (including security vulnerability patches which sometimes can lower performance) can all impact a system. Are newly installed applications using more resources (like modern browsers)? So, if you system was on the edge of overload before, it would be easy for normal changes over time to change exactly where that threshold is. And then there is the risk seen for decades of typical desktop users following poor security practices (running as admin, etc) that can lead to system compromise/malware, etc. just saying that there are LOTS of reason why something that used to work, doesn't now... and that means that fixing the issue isn't always quick/easy, especially if you weren't doing real-time hardware resource utilization monitoring before and after
I understand, thank you for your help.