Resource icon

Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-14-gaeb5079 2013/6/11)

Sash0 said:
Hello,

Could you please someone advise me. Should I do something further, because after I put the directory and the dll file from the archive, into the OBS's plugin director, it does not changed anything in my OBS. Even the plug-in does not exist in the Plugins sections.

I've had the same issue. It doesn't seem to work with 0.522 but works fine with the 0.52.07b aquaman test build.

Sash0

Fantus_Longhorn said:
I've had the same issue. It doesn't seem to work with 0.522 but works fine with the 0.52.07b aquaman test build.

So... what would you recommend me to do? Shall I downgrade or install the 0.52.08 Aquaman Build ?

ColterTV

Are you sure you are not mixing 32 and 64 bit versions of OBS/plugin ?

Absarn

Works like a charm, only problem is that I couldnt lower or raise the sound.

Faruton

Developer

I assume you tried adjusting the volume in the settings?

Absarn

Faruton said:
I assume you tried adjusting the volume in the settings?

Yeah in OBS going into properties and change the volume from there, but doesnt seem to work.

ColterTV

If your output is set to stream, you wont hear sound at all but your viewers will do. If you want to hear it select a sound device to play the sound

prophetmatteo

I'm using this to get my Microsoft Lifecam Studio on my stream. The only bug I've seen so far is that the brightness filter/option won't apply no matter what. All of the rest of my filters/options go through, but not brightness.

Edit: Autofocus seems to be experiencing problems too. This is based on my fiddling in PREVIEW only, have not tried streaming to see if the problems persist there too, but I'd imagine so.

ColterTV

prophetmatteo said:
I'm using this to get my Microsoft Lifecam Studio on my stream. The only bug I've seen so far is that the brightness filter/option won't apply no matter what. All of the rest of my filters/options go through, but not brightness.

What ?
This plugin is to playback video files in your streams, to add a webcam you use the standard video device source not this one

prophetmatteo

Realized the same this morning, excuse my mistake, shouldn't write messages when sick =_=

Himmelstein

Awesome mate!

One Question: Is there ANY chance of Color Key to this Plugin?

My matter is: i want a overlay with name, information etc. on the screen. It's animated like 3D. Since video-files can't have transparency i want ask you for color key.

I would LOVE to see this in your Plugin!

Awesome as always and thank you and OBS-Team so much!

You guys rockin my world!

greetings from germany

ColterTV

Faruton is super busy atm but I believe he wanted to do chroma eventually.
Meanwhile you could use a swf file, I believe those can be transparent right?

Faruton

Developer

If you encode as a quicktime movie + alpha you can get transparency. Also encoding as an FLV with transparency I believe plays as well in the video (without resorting to the browser plugin)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

On that video, I saw a little blink when you switched scenes. If you add the game/window capture as a global source, I think you should be able to avoid that, unless it's the video source that's causing the blinking.

Himmelstein

OMG i didn't know that!

Thanks dodgepong!

btw: sorry Faruton for spamming your thread.

And as always: keep your good work guys!

Sash0

japi said:
Are you sure you are not mixing 32 and 64 bit versions of OBS/plugin ?

Yes I am sure that I did not mixing the 32 and 64 bit version.

Today I re-install the OBS with the Current Stable - 0.541 Beta and still same issue it does not appear in the Plug-in list.

From I can donwload the 0.52.07b aquaman test build?

EDIT
And is it normal OBS to be installed in ProgramFiles(x86) as it contain both 32 and 64 bit?

EDIT
If you mean the plugins folder, I just realize that there are two plugins folder and other one is for 64 bit. But still does not show up in plugin list

EDIT
I switch to 0.50b version as with the new versions I got problem with my EVGA Precision tools. It has a overley RivaTuner Server for temperature and framerate. And OBS show error message when EVGA is running.

HUGE EDIT :)

Big progression! Well I really did mixing the version. After OBS installer finish it alwasy start 32-bit verstion by default. And I never did used 64-bit version before.
Ok now I reinstall OBS to last version 0.54b. I don't have anymore issue with EVGA Precision.
Now the Video Source Plug-in is available at the plugins list, but the Configure button is not active. Is there anything wrong?

image hosting

ColterTV

Nothing is wrong, theres nothing to configure there, just add a video source and your options will popup there :)