Resource icon

Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

Faruton

Developer
Faruton submitted a new resource:

Video source plugin - Add video files and other media as sources (anything supported by VLC)

This is a very, very un-alpha video source plugin. (Similar to what the FFMPEG plugin was trying to achieve)

VSP 32bit: http://catchexception.org/plugins/vsp/V ... C2X-x86.7z
VSP 64bit: http://catchexception.org/plugins/vsp/V ... C2X-x64.7z

Added video filter settings for contrast, brightness and gamma.

Thanks to Tyrrr for adding...

Read more about this resource...

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: Video source plugin (1.0-2-g7a4b44b 2013/6/6)

May want to note to users that the sound for seems to output to the desktop in order to be captured, and does not play out directly to stream.

Other than that, seems to work fine.

EDIT: seems this was fixed

Jack0r

The Helping Squad

Hey, looks good so far.
With one of my test videos OBS crashed when I increased the video size while having the preview active. (MP4 file) On another test AVI I couldnt reproduce this. Performance looks very good. Preview with deactivated encoding only uses about 20% cpu, similar to playing the file in MPC.
I actually dont even need a start stop functionality, though a loop function would be great. With that in mind I also noticed, adding the Video as a global source makes it play as soon as it got loaded and switching scenes doesnt stop it from playing. On the other hand without a global source, if you switch scenes it restarts the video. (I guess the global source behavior is normal, but maybe you can add an "option" to remember last playback position on switching scenes or something)
By the way, could you give us some info on what video files are best to be used, or are they encoded with local codecs, so all vfw ones work? Something like that :)

Thanks for your work!

Faruton

Developer

I actually fixed the bug you discovered (I believe)

The three features I've completed but have not yet released:
Output audio directly to stream
Maintain aspect ratio and stretching
Hardware based scaling

Essentially if it runs in VLC it *should* run in this.

I have not yet enabled connecting directly to streams (rtp,etc.)

I'll be adding a playlist, and all features you'd except (loop, etc.)

The global source.. that is sort-of how I would expect it to work. Having it pause on scene changes would mean it acted differently than all other sources. I'll think about it

Faruton

Developer
Re: Video source plugin (1.0-4-g2572e46 2013/6/7)

If you discover any crashes please let me know the file (and if possible send it to me) as well as the circumstances that led up to the crash.

belboz

Did some quick testing. Worked great! Really love that you are doing this. Awesome work!

Can't wait for the loop and other features!

Thanks for doing this.

anhdvu

Extremely nice stuff you've got there. Thank you so much for your efforts (=

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Re: Video source plugin (1.0-6-g9744ceb 2013/6/8)

I assume this is using ffmpeg? Can people use this to add RTMP streams to their scenes?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

Haha...I didn't see the "rtp" (I guess my eyes were looking for rtmp, or RTMP in all caps).

HomeWorld

Developer

dodgepong said:
Haha...I didn't see the "rtp" (I guess my eyes were looking for rtmp, or RTMP in all caps).

Guess you missed "Essentially if it runs in VLC it *should* run in this."

Fas

Hey, just discovered this (ty to Jack0r for showing me btw :)).

Would there be the possibilty to browse for videos, like clicking on a button and searching the popup for the video?
Cause I have troubles referring to the video path file.
For example, how should the path be, if the video called 'test 123' is located in a 'streamcheck42' folder on my desktop!

If this works, you probably made my day, no my week!

Jack0r

The Helping Squad

I guess until Faruton programmed that browse button into the plugin the easiest way is to use your windows explorer for example. If you enter the desired folder with your video just click once on the address bar, and copy this address line.
ixDiqofGkn5MX.png

The example shows how it should change to the complete adress. So in my case I copied:
C:\Users\Jack\Desktop\Test\test
If my video file was called "test 123.avi" (file ending is important of course) my final entry for the plugin would look like this:
C:\Users\Jack\Desktop\Test\test\test 123.avi

Fas

Thank you so much, both of you!
This is truely awesome and I've been waiting for this many months - now it's no problem to display Ads or Openings for certain tournaments, I'm thankful!

DeamonMachine

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-13-g7ffaa3d 2013/6/10)

When I set a video to loop, it has a .2 second flash of black when it has to "reload" the video. I just wanted to see if there was any way to improve upon this. I'd like to be able to make a ~10 second video that just loops infinitely, but can't do that if it flashes.

Thanks! Plugin works great thus far except for the flashing on loop.

Faruton

Developer
Re: Video source plugin (1.0-13-g7ffaa3d 2013/6/10)

Short answer is yes, I can fix it.

Long answer is that to fix it for both looped and unlooped with take a bit longer. I'll look into that as it bugs me as well.