Resource icon

Video source plugin (OBS Classic only)

mrworm

https://youtu.be/fdXObWCzxAQ

So I'm having a similar issue where my OBS doesn't seem to recognize the new plugin. I'm running OBS v0.657b (64 bit).
I've installed the plugin multiple times but it doesn't show up in my menus. I made a short video explaining my issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lady Sketch

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-14-gaeb5079 2013/6/11)

Hi, could you help?

I have downloaded both your plugin VSP-1.0-14-gaeb5079 x64 and VSP-1.0-14-gaeb5079 x86 but when I try to unzip the files it says there is nothing in them, the files I have down loaded are (VSP-1.0-14-gaeb5079-x64.7.z) and (VSP-1.0-14-gaeb5079-x86.7z) so I added (ip) to the end of the file and it says they are empty when I try to unzip.

Also I am completely new to plugins and OBS so can you help?

You probably got it working by now but I thought I'd respond in case someone new has an issue similar. Run your zip file program as administrator when extracting to the OBS plugin folder. If you don't, it sometimes will not copy any files to the folder. Also, when putting in your video file location, use the question mark to browse to it. I've had issues where manually typing it in will crash OBS. If you do both these things it should work just fine.

Re: Video source plugin (1.0-14-gaeb5079 2013/6/11)

Hi, could you help?

I have downloaded both your plugin VSP-1.0-14-gaeb5079 x64 and VSP-1.0-14-gaeb5079 x86 but when I try to unzip the files it says there is nothing in them, the files I have down loaded are (VSP-1.0-14-gaeb5079-x64.7.z) and (VSP-1.0-14-gaeb5079-x86.7z) so I added (ip) to the end of the file and it says they are empty when I try to unzip.

Also I am completely new to plugins and OBS so can you help?
https://youtu.be/fdXObWCzxAQ

So I'm having a similar issue where my OBS doesn't seem to recognize the new plugin. I'm running OBS v0.657b (64 bit).
I've installed the plugin multiple times but it doesn't show up in my menus. I made a short video explaining my issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Run your zip file program as administrator when extracting to the OBS plugin folder. If you don't, it sometimes will not copy any files to the folder. Also, when putting in your video file location, use the question mark to browse to it. I've had issues where manually typing it in will crash OBS. If you do both these things it should work just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

mrworm

Lady Sketch as per your instructions I have run winrar.exe as an administrator, located the file, extracted and placed it into C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins
There has been no change and after restarting the program and rebooting the computer OBS does not recognize a new plugin was installed. I've noticed several people have been reporting this issue. If anyone would like to skype or discord to troubleshoot this issue I'd be more than happy to get any live help possible to resolve this issue for the people in the forums.

Any more advice would be appreciated. =)

So after a bit of mucking about with this I have the plug in loaded. For those that are curious what I changed I simply installed the 32 bit version of the plug-in also. It seems you can't just install the 64 bit version you need both. I'm not sure why but, that's what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

RADRaze2KX

Lady Sketch as per your instructions...yada yada...that's what happened.

I looked at your video, Mr. Worm, and actually... you're running the 32-bit version of OBS... the 64-bit version will show "Open Broadcaster Softwre v0.657b - 64bit" in the title bar. :) Switch and reap the benefits of 4GB+ memory usage!

(and it's a simple mistake, I did, once, too)

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
I am a bit confused. OBS-Studio has a media source for quite some time now. With the last release the "VLC Source" was also added. So there are two options available in OBS-Studio to add videos to it without needing to install another plugin.

To answer your question: Any plugin written for OBS-Classic has to be re-written to work with OBS-Studio as the two programs are very different from each other.

Daniel Combet

Hello.
Thanks for your development, OBS is a super tool.
Regarding this pluggin, It s working for me except for the URL option.
Maybe you already know this. would be great to use this function for me to add a camera
Have a great week

Daniel Combet

Hello. I've just seen that it's important to run VLC 64 bits if OBS 64 bits or VLC 32 bits if OBS 32 bits.
Anyway, I ve checked both and it s not working yet for URL option.
I 've seen that it's working for the Classic OBS Version
Have a great evening

Daniel Combet

Hello there.
I figured it out how to use my the cam of my Tablet into OBS via Wifi.
For this I use on my tablett IP Webcam Pro.
It allows you to stream the cam and open it via an IP adress:port toward a web browser.

By searching, I used in OBS the web browser and put : ip:port/videofeed

And it works. No need to have a browser opened, it s detecting.
What needs to be done is that you may start the tab cam before opening OBS.

That's it, now I have 2 cams on OBS !!!
Have a great week

timmus

Hey guys... I have been using the 64-bit version of this plugin for 3 weeks now. For the most part it works great but I occasionally have problems.

The plugin seems to be very picky with video files and sometimes will not play a particular file. These files I'm attempting to play are ALL created by Sony Vegas 11 and are ALL MP4/h264 avc1 clips at 854x480. The only thing I can figure is that it doesn't like longer files. When they start running over 3 or 4 minutes, or 100 MB or so, it won't play them. No error message or anything... I just hit the checkbox to start rolling the video and nothing ever happens.

Again I am just guessing here but I think it's a video length issue. The videos that won't play will play just fine in VideoLAN.

Any ideas what might be going on here? Is there perhaps a codec it prefers? I'm thinking of trying to encode these bad clips as MOVs and see what happens.

Daniel Combet

Jack0R : you said "No chroma key with this plugin. Use OBS-Studio with the Media Source or VLC Source and add a Chroma Key Filter to it.".
Is it should be possible to use chromakeys with live video isn t it ?

MJRamon

Video loops fine, but if it contains seamless audio track, it interrupts for few moments. How can I fix it? Let's say, its rain, and I can't fade in/fade out or play a huge mp3 in media player (it has to be synced)