Video is fuzzy and audio isn't crisp

RyanVens

Hello,

I need some help as no matter what I do with my settings, the video quality doesn't match what is actually on my screen.

I've tried so many different settings, please see the ones that I am currently using below as per a YouTube video. The quality is good, but not as HD as I would like!

1698172430215.png
1698172441010.png

My monitor is 1440p and I'm recording in 1080p (I've tried recording in 1440p as well, but the results are the same).
My brother also records with me, using the exact same settings but on a 1080p monitor. His looks the same.

Audio also just sounds kind of muffled. Gunshots in a game do not sound as crisp as they do in the actual game.

Game Screenshot:
1698172529095.png

Recording Screenshot:
1698172554388.png

Are my standards just too high? This is for YouTube videos and I want the quality to be the best.

AaronD

I need some help as no matter what I do with my settings, the video quality doesn't match what is actually on my screen.
It won't. Preserving everything requires a massive file or insane bitrate. And nobody notices anyway, unless they magnify the screenshots like you're doing here.

Are my standards just too high?
Probably.

Audio also just sounds kind of muffled. Gunshots in a game do not sound as crisp as they do in the actual game.
That might be a different issue. Do you have a Noise Suppressor on the game audio? Those are not magic. They're designed for spoken voice only. Anything else is considered noise to be removed.

The other common surprise with Noise Suppressors, is when people use them for music and wonder where the instruments went. Same problem, same solution. Remove the Noise Suppressor, and actually fix the noise itself. Stop it from coming in in the first place.

RyanVens

It won't. Preserving everything requires a massive file or insane bitrate. And nobody notices anyway, unless they magnify the screenshots like you're doing here.

Probably.

That might be a different issue. Do you have a Noise Suppressor on the game audio? Those are not magic. They're designed for spoken voice only. Anything else is considered noise to be removed.

The other common surprise with Noise Suppressors, is when people use them for music and wonder where the instruments went. Same problem, same solution. Remove the Noise Suppressor, and actually fix the noise itself. Stop it from coming in in the first place.
Thanks for the reply.

I've managed to fix the blurry issue by recording in my native resolution but unticking the box that downscales to 1080p. I was unaware this was ticked when I tried this previously.

Regarding audio, this was the less of the two issues and is OK for the most part. No noise suppressor is applied though as you have suggested.